Painted esky caps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my esky vents caps awhile back now and I'm debating whether I should get them painted the same summit white on my truck or have them painted black. I'm not getting the esky third brake light. But I'm torn on this decision. She looks good sometimes with the black section. And the esky caps will give it a smoother look either color.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always like them colormatched

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
paint them,black ones would look weird. And the black caps look good as plastic but would look wierd as a painted surface that doesnt match your color. I dont know who else is painting theres black but its not sounding very cool.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Color match them!!!!!!!!!!!

I currently am ng the same with the ESKY Vent Caps, Roof Rack Caps as well as the plastic part surrounding my 3rd Brake Light.

emilime75

Reaction score
I originally thought gloss black would look good, sort of make it look like the side glass wrapped all the way around to the rear... but then I decided paint matched looks better, in my case Summit White like yours. You could go to HDepot or Lowes and get a can each of black and white plastidip and try both to see how you like either. The beauty of it is it peels right off.

I bought my esky vents caps awhile back now and I'm debating whether I should get them painted the same summit white on my truck or have them painted black. I'm not getting the esky third brake light. But I'm torn on this decision. She looks good sometimes with the black section. And the esky caps will give it a smoother look either color.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
I originally thought gloss black would look good, sort of make it look like the side glass wrapped all the way around to the rear... but then I decided paint matched looks better, in my case Summit White like yours. You could go to HDepot or Lowes and get a can each of black and white plastidip and try both to see how you like either. The beauty of it is it peels right off.

I would agree with this if you got the smooth caps but im not thinking so on vented jmho.

LOWPRO24Z

Reaction score
Color match the caps for sure. It makes the truck look much more fluid/clean when it's all one color

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus