Painting stock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chauncey0337

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. At first I wasn't sure about them but I think I like them.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Just clean um down first nothing too crazy it's literally a rubberized spray goes on and peels off.

I'll probably be doing this this week

tat2dtrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good man. I haven't personaly used the plasti-dip before, but have heard good things about it. Turned out well for you. I chose to go with a chassis paint that comes in a spray bomb, or by the quart. I used a bomb can. Its made by VHT, called roll bar and chassis paint. Its self priming and self leveling, so it lays down great and if you don't want to prime, you don't have to. I chose to use a self-etching primer under mine......because I'm a little OCD.lol Its not really to much more expensive than the normal, either. About 7 or 8 bucks a can at Advanced Auto Parts. Comes in satin or gloss, and its salt and corrosion resistant. Not sure where else you can get it. Jegs or Summit for sure. Mabye something you might want to at least check out. When I get to the garage, I'll snap a pic of the can for ya if you want. Just trying to help ya out.

OP
OP
chauncey0337

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. I haven't personaly used the plasti-dip before, but have heard good things about it. Turned out well for you. I chose to go with a chassis paint that comes in a spray bomb, or by the quart. I used a bomb can. Its made by VHT, called roll bar and chassis paint. Its self priming and self leveling, so it lays down great and if you don't want to prime, you don't have to. I chose to use a self-etching primer under mine......because I'm a little OCD.lol Its not really to much more expensive than the normal, either. About 7 or 8 bucks a can at Advanced Auto Parts. Comes in satin or gloss, and its salt and corrosion resistant. Not sure where else you can get it. Jegs or Summit for sure. Mabye something you might want to at least check out. When I get to the garage, I'll snap a pic of the can for ya if you want. Just trying to help ya out.

Thanks Jerry. I like the fact that it's salt and corrosion resistant as these are my winter wheels and could use the protection. I'll definitely check it out.:Handshake:

DaUsedMCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did mine with plasti dip a couple months back. i figured if i didnt like it, i could just peel it off, but i think they look good and theyve held up well. i also did the chrome on the bumpers and side trim with plasti dip too.

IMG_20111108_115609.jpg

IMG_20111108_115619.jpg

IMG_20111108_115636.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968