Performance Programmer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TSFR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the General Discussion section but realized that it might belong here too, sorry about that....

Hi guys,
I have a 2005 Tahoe PPV and I have a question about aftermarket performance programmer computer type devices/displays. Is there one that will give me a real time display that includes the transmission temp? Something cool that mounts on the dash.

I want to pull a small trailer and dont have an override defeat button.

Just trying to be somewhat safe about it. I want to tow it about 3k round trip through the deserts of OK. The trailer loaded probably only weighs in at 1800lbs as shown below...

tahoe.jpg

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt youll ever notice 1800 lbs back there, but i understant wanting to know what the tranny is doing.

Im not sure, but I think bullydog does something like that, you may look at them.

The slick setup is shop ebay for the guys that rework gauge clusters. They can get you one with the factory tranny temp gauge for just a bit more. they can also color the lighting, needles, characters, gauge surrounds, adapt an esky cluster, make it 150Mph speedo. basically whatever you want. and they program the DIC with you mileage and hours. Its usually an exchange for you cluster.

I had them rework mine and add the tranny temp gauge. It all worked like a charm. got it in about a week, then sent him my old one. the downside is it cost me about $300. but it looks like it was meant to be there. see the lower cluster, lower left gauge.

I can get you info on the service i used if you like.

Attachments

• 12102010193.jpg
    12102010193.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 41

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aeroforce gauge is pretty slick, but still $250. It looks like it does everything

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with WildBill's suggestion, as an added bonus if you get one with new lights and stepper motors, you wont have to worry about it down the road. Note: the lights and stepper motors in these gauge clusters are notorious for failing.

OP
OP
T

TSFR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on that WildBill, that does look like the best option.

Rpprvnce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a hypertech hyper pac from hypertech for 212 bucks and it read diagnostic codes and shows all of your gauges for everything on your truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut