Play rear DVD after stopping / starting Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmacbmac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi.. I have a 2007 Yukon with entertainment system. While playing a movie, it shows fine in the rear DVD screen. When restarting the car, we can hear the movie, but the DVD screen does not show the movie.

The only way to view the movie in the rear DVD player is to eject / re-insert the DVD to start the movie over.

Is there a way around this so it resumes playing when we restart the car?

Thanks!

Brian

bizydad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had the same issue since I bought my used Denali last summer. I brought it up with a local GMC dealer and the service manager indicated it is a software issue. He said that the lcd goes into sleep mode and doesn't "wake up" until the dvd is ejected and reloaded. He had the same issue with his vehicle and was waiting for GMC to release a software patch. I need to contact the dealer again to see if the patch has been released. If not, I will go directly to GMC to the extent I can. This is getting ridiculous.

OP
OP
B

bmacbmac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any updates?

Hey Just wanted to see if you found a software update on this? Or if anyone else has the same issue that was able to get it resolved?

JNUTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue with mine. 07 yukon SLT

steeler560

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya. I just found this out today. As my 5 year old twin girls were screaming that the picture was black

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? Just bought a used 2008 Denali and find it does the same thing...not happy!!!

CrashCade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just use the remote to turn it back on. It will resume from where you left off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate