Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20014x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife was driving my 2001 Tahoe to pick up her grandpa, she picked him up then she said it was like it went into neutral… No grinding noises or anything. I got it towed home and found out It won’t even go in reverse. The transmission has good fluid… I don’t know what could have happened can anyone help please?

OP
OP

20014x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife was driving my 2001 Tahoe to pick up her grandpa, she picked him up then she said it was like it went into neutral… No grinding noises or anything. I got it towed home and found out It won’t even go in reverse. The transmission has good fluid… I don’t know what could have happened can anyone help please?
Oh and no leaks

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Transmission needs to come out for overhaul...Pump rotor/slide have broken apart and/or input shaft splines have stripped...If the Tahoe is a 4WD, you'll want to rule in or out the transfer case as a suspect first before yanking the trans. You can do a trans pressure test using a 300 psi gauge to confirm/deny pump function or check the fluid level on the dipstick tube when engine is off...If it's much higher than the full mark and doesn't drop when you fire it up, pump is wasted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrtiller

Latest posts