Police issues!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
well i got pulled over today.the cop said he heard my truck and pulled me over.i ended up getting a ticket for NO MUD FLAPS!! yes im serious on a warm day on Blacktop!! no mud flap. so when he presented me the ticket i asked if he was for real,he didnt like questions i suppose. he told me i could get more than one if he wanted including one for EXCESSIVE noise, well i told him his siren was louder than my truck cause i heard it while driving..bought myself another ticket. then he tells me that if he sees me driving even 5 mins from now i can get a ticket(its about 4:40ish in the PM how can i even fix the problem on the weekend? so i say arnt i good til my court date? he tells me NO! now he says if i see you driving without those fixed ill find many problems with my vehicle and he will tow it and impound it!! little 160 pound 27ish yr old cop from outta town. i lived here my whole life 35 years had the same job for over 13 yrs and now im being watched by the cops.what a crock of shit! i just so happen to have the day off when court is so i think im gonna fight the noise one. i have duel exhaust and magna flow 2" exhaust but who is to say what excessive is? my forman has a DECIBEL meter so were gonna test a few diesels and stock bikes and compare and waste the courts time and try to get it dropped. im pretty pissed right now! who gets a ticket for no mud flap!??

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never heard of a mud flap ticket lol. He's probably just jealous of your truck :) , I hope you win your fight in court!

Kramlik

Reaction score
Yea Thats Ridiculous Man No Mud Flaps What A D Head Cop I Would Fight Both Or Try

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL .. sorry to laugh.

I work for the IT department and deal with Sheriff's Deputies ALOT!! There is a joint task force, Federal/State/Local deal, they pulled someone over not long ago here in the lil town where I live and they found drugs on him. Guess what they pulled him over for initially?? Yep, mud flap violation. When I was there they were all saying how they were going to pull over ALL mud flap violations!! Ahahaha I dropped my Tahoe so I'm ok. I'll have to watch it when I get my Blazer up and running again. :|

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
Mud flaps are a common violation, and people get them all the time. If you handled it better you probably could have gotten out of the both tickets. The noise violation is crap, but thats what happens when you respond w/ a smart answer.

Cartwright

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ****** up by being an ******* to the officer. You were breaking the law by not having mud flaps and being to loud. Not his fault your vehicle is not in compliance with your state laws. He is just doing his job. I don't blame him one bit for giving you more tickets for you bitching about getting a a simple mud flap ticket.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I've been a Police Officer for over 7 years and I can tell you that the lack of mud flaps was simply probable cause for the traffic stop. Attitude plays a huge part and determines where we go from there.

I'm not a law enforcement from Canada, so I don't know your laws. Here in California, without a db meter, an excessive exhaust noise is a really weak citation unless you also issued an equipment violation like for lack of a muffler or modified exhaust. Without that, its the officer's word against the driver.

As for citing you a second time for the same violation . . . I don't know how Canada does it, but here that is complete B.S. So long as you keep a copy of the citation in your vehicle, and show the Officer you've already been cited for the same issue or violation, no cop in his right mind would cite you again. That would make him look bad in the eyes of the judge, and under the rules of preservation, he not going to do anything to piss off the judge who has the authority make him life extremely difficult in the rest of his traffic court proceedings.

My advise, is to watch your mouth and don't piss off the cops. Even if the ticket is B.S. Save whatever you have to say in the safety of the courtroom and know that everything you say at the scene of a traffic stop is recorded and can be used later.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all about attitude. I have talked myself out of countless tickets by simply being respectful and friendly with the cop, even thowing in a good joke in the middle of the stop.. My brother is a sheriffs deputy and he tells me they are as nervous about pulling people over as the ones getting pulled over. It's all about everyone feeling at ease and comfortable..

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
well i wasnt an ******* to the guy just curious. because i never heard of it before..and in a small town of 9000 people they will usially give a warning first. this guy had my first ticket already written up before i even talked to him for more than 2 mins. thats why i asked if he was serious..but i think it was the fact i have 2 sleeves tattooed and he was a real clean cut tight ass trying to "get Known". regardless i could care less about the tickets one was $57 and the other was $115 not really a big deal. im pissed that he is gonna watch for me now but i guess ill just park the black 2 door and drive the denali. also im going to a dealership,insurance company and regestration and asking if you can buy a truck with no mudflap,insure a truck with no mudflap,and regester a truck with no mudflap why there is a law..like i said im just a curious guy.also going to take a pic of a police vehicle or any govt vehicle without a mud flap..im going to the cop shop tomorrow to get definitions for there laws so i know what im talkin about at court..like why do some vehicles need a mud flap and others do not? like is it only 4x4 but not AWD..or whatever it is just trucks and SUVs but not crossovers..

and im not looking for PITY i just needed to vent a bit..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extrememri1