Poor throttle response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denali1375

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Purchased a 2013 White Diamond Yukon Denali this past summer and have approx. 5000 miles on it. For the first 4000 miles this Denali was a rocket ship as compared to my Chevy Avalanche with the 6.0L in it. Man, it was a hoot to drive! But, when I went to put LED footwell lighting in it I pulled the 3 cartridges in the drivers side junction box to get more length to splice in the wire in the middle courtesy light cartridge for the LED's.

After buttoning the junction box back and went out for a spin the Denali fell flat on its face. Throttle response sucked and the shifts were like from my fathers' LeSabre. I drove it like this for around 1000 miles thinking the computer would be it back to its original state. Nope!

Called the dealer and they thought that it possibly lost it VCI program for the 22 inch wheels. They reset the VCI and that helped quite a bit but not like it was originally. It first drove almost as if the trailer mode was on but not quite as abrupt.

Thank you for any help!
Denali1375

OP
OP
D

denali1375

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any ideas from members as to how I could cure this and get it back to where it was originally?

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat