Popping sound when accelerating from stop with turned wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The break rotor?
Anyways, what would cleaning the face of the brake rotor accomplish? I’m hearing a clunk. But none of the suspension parts appear to be worn or damaged. I posted up in the GD that it maybe a normal sound from the steering rack bottoming out when turning.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strapped a go pro underneath the vehicle and was able to capture the sound.

Tie rods or ball joints or swaybar end links? Many of the nuts on the suspension parts are set to 37 foot pounds. The tie rod jam nut is 55 foot pounds if memory serves on most vehicles. Put a wrench or socket on the strut bolts and nuts and give them a yank too.

OP
OP
D

DontTaseMeBro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tie rods or ball joints or swaybar end links? Many of the nuts on the suspension parts are set to 37 foot pounds. The tie rod jam nut is 55 foot pounds if memory serves on most vehicles. Put a wrench or socket on the strut bolts and nuts and give them a yank too.
So I took it to the alignment shop a few weeks ago and they checked everything for looseness. Said it all checked out. Wondering if it’s a bent control arm like in this post:

Post in thread ''21 YukonXL Denali-Click/Pop/Tick from wheel assembly'
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...-tick-from-wheel-assembly.149861/post-1902519

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that when he posted so a possibility for sure. Only other thing unless you watched them or trust them is to put a wrench on all the components that swathdiver suggested. At least you would know for sure. Peace of mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triton2690