Posable DIY Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2016Dom

2016Dom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the steering wheel being off to the left, the reason you are saying it pulls a little left?
No, hands off it wants to drift left, when I correct the steering wheel is striate.

The tech test drove it after he worked on it, why he had no intention to put it back on the rack since every thing was in spec.
They do free alignment checks, thinking of going to another branch and see what they say then show them the receipt.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, hands off it wants to drift left, when I correct the steering wheel is striate.

The tech test drove it after he worked on it, why he had no intention to put it back on the rack since every thing was in spec.
They do free alignment checks, thinking of going to another branch and see what they say then show them the receipt.

I got sick of playing this game with these shops and learned how do it myself. It aint perfect but at least I aint getting charged for haff ass work. I haff ass it myself and it drives better than the last 2 shops I tried. They don't care and are lazy.

Coveman

Reaction score
I do my own alignments since I rebuilt the front end of my ‘99 burb and wanted to ‘get it close’ before taking it for alignment. Well, it was balls-on and since alignments in my area are about what you paid I thought why not just do it myself. I have since watched a couple youtubes and honed my approach. I used to use a bubble level for camber/caster but then got a magnetic level on amazon https://a.co/d/2m7t41R for 10 bucks and sometimes I use a laser level for the 4 wheel alignment if I don’t want to set up string (which works just fine). I park in my garage on some slippery plastic (like the floppy notebook kind) and that helps with avoiding suspension binding.

When I worked as a wrench turner I played with the alignment racks and noticed that hanging the wheel sensor made a huge difference in the alignment results; so if one of the stops is on a wheel weight, if the rim has damage / dirty it totally changes the specs even though the nifty print out makes it seem like rocket science. So if you’re willing to take your time and set things up properly you can really get good results at home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
58caddy