Possible Spark Plug Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Undisputedse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 1999 Yukon with 172,00 miles on it and my turn signals are blinking rapidly in the front of the truck when in use and they dont blink at all in the rear when I turn them on. What could be the cause of this, as my engine light has come on and off ocasionally? Thanks!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The rear light has probably just burned out. Try replacing them. As for the the engine light get your computer scanned for stored codes as well as active ones and post the results here for analysis.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

if at anytime the engine light is actually blinking for a bit you have an active misfire that should be addressed right away.

OP
OP
U

Undisputedse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear light has probably just burned out. Try replacing them. As for the the engine light get your computer scanned for stored codes as well as active ones and post the results here for analysis.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

if at anytime the engine light is actually blinking for a bit you have an active misfire that should be addressed right away.

How much might the correction of a misfire cost me?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the blinker issue isn't related to the spark plug but I've been wrong before.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
perhaps the spark plug wire is firing the the front lights making them blink quicker:)

Seriously the cost depends on the cause. how about getting some codes for us that would explain the light coming on. that would help a lot.

joyride

Reaction score
lol at those 2^^^^

seriously though, get the code(s) checked at autozone before going any further, find out if it's a random misfire or just related to 1 cylinder. a misfire could be due to number of things so getting the codes checked should be the first priority...and don't just throw money at whatever it says is wrong because one code could be causing another code as well.

OP
OP
U

Undisputedse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you guys!!! I really appreciate this. It turns out that I did have a spark plug misfire. I have that fixed now. My mechanic also advised me to get a new oxygen sensor but says it can wait. Does the brand matter when it comes to an oxygen sensor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES