Powdercoated Rims - Winter Tire Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevz2112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I'm looking for some opinions on my wheels. I got my '08 Denali last spring and am going to get a new set of 22 inch summer rims/tires after this winter. I currently have the stock OEM 20 inch rims, but there's some corrosion going on especially on the inside (can't see in pics).

I really like the idea of a non-chrome, color-match rim on my truck so do you think I could come close to that by powdercoating my current ones and just using them for my winter set? While we're at it any suggestions on good winter tires - I was leaning towards a set of Blizzaks.

Thanks ahead of time guys!

Attachments

• DSCN0774.jpg
    DSCN0774.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN0776.jpg
    DSCN0776.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 31

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't seem like your truck is black but even a flat black would look really nice, imo. If not a good powder coater can get a pretty good match to your truck.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i run blizzaks dmv-1. Daym good winter tire. I can get around in 2wd just fine and never recall the need to use 4wd unless it was to pull myself out of a deep snow bank i purposely plowed into

OP
OP
stevz2112

stevz2112

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys! Any other thoughts on how a black rim would look with the dark slate metallic paint? I'm on the fence...

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing the same thing on my Avalanche. I just don't know how good black rims would look on your chrome-trimmed truck.

HD4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys! Any other thoughts on how a black rim would look with the dark slate metallic paint? I'm on the fence...

have the same truck as you but mine is an XL, Just ordered 20"American Racing fuel rims with the black centers and Nitto Terra Grapplers for the winter. Should have them on late next week and have some pics

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
i run blizzaks dmv-1. Daym good winter tire. I can get around in 2wd just fine and never recall the need to use 4wd unless it was to pull myself out of a deep snow bank i purposely plowed into

+1 Same tires here.

I can't say enough good things about the Blizzaks. I've driven in a LOT of snow/ice in my time, and for the majority of my life I used studded winter tires. A few years ago I switched to Blizzaks, and they continue to blow me away. They just stick to the road somehow. You can't go wrong with them.

hidpositive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are you located at? I am in NJ and happen to find myself up in the new england are snowboarding atleast 5+ times a winter, and I normally have storms to drive through or wake up with 12+ inches of snow. In the winter Ive still got the factory all seasons (GY wrangers) on my stock denali 17's and am yet to even have a close call. the AWD with our trucks i think is what sets them apart. I am not knocking on the 2wd trucks at all, but the awd all the time is different then a 4hi/4lo/2 truck.

-Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shughes022

Latest posts