Powdercoated Rims - Winter Tire Opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ESCALADE200224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got maverick ultras for winter and they're great in the winter and when dirty they still look good and I've put them through tough winters and they still shine when cleaned.

32508ed2-e977-c009.jpg

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
where are you located at? I am in NJ and happen to find myself up in the new england are snowboarding atleast 5+ times a winter, and I normally have storms to drive through or wake up with 12+ inches of snow. In the winter Ive still got the factory all seasons (GY wrangers) on my stock denali 17's and am yet to even have a close call. the AWD with our trucks i think is what sets them apart. I am not knocking on the 2wd trucks at all, but the awd all the time is different then a 4hi/4lo/2 truck.

-Gary

I'm in Alaska. Lived here most of my life, and I've driven here for nearly 30 years. I drive in/on snow and ice every day for about 6 months of the year. Everything from black ice to a couple of feet of snow, depending on what the weather is doing. You're right, AWD combined with the traction control on these make them very stable platforms in snow even if your tires aren't the best winter tires in the world. But, I drive in conditions that change all the time, and most all-season tires suck on ice. They just do. Blizzaks don't. They grip ice like they are magic. They have saved my ass more than once because they have superior stopping and steering control on ice over anything else I've ever used.

So, if you drive in slick conditions a lot, I think they are worth the investment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shughes022

Latest posts