power door lock problems help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

refugio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i got engine start alarm and when you turn it on and put it drive , it lock the doors but that day they i hold door button to long, for my wife she was geting in and i think i hold the button too long that it wont lock now from inside or alarm control i hear a click noise but dont lock or unlock. any help please.:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Last edited:

LikeArock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what kind of car year,make and model? And what type of alarm make and model?

LikeArock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its hard to say if you here the clicking from under the dash its your relay's or relay module making the noise....If its from the door its your actuators now if its the actuators in the door and the noise is only from lets say locking the door and there is no sound switching to unlock you may have burnt the switch...If from under the dash it all depends on the alarm I believe Viper alarms send a negative pulse for there lock and unlock which would mean they would have to have used a polarity reversing module or relays as your truck should use a 3 wire positive pulse to lock and unlock...If your clicking is from under the dash and its only when pressing lock and no clicking during unlock then most likely you could have a bad relay or a bad fuse if they fused the relay or a fuse may be in place from the source of the 12v...now if the door actuators are making noise in lock and unlock and your getting clicking form lock and unlock from under the dash you should take it to where you had the alarm installed to see if you have a bad relay/door lock module....I am assuming you had factory power door locks....If the alarm was allready installed when u got the truck or if u installed it check those things and post what ya found on here and I will try and help ya thru or at least point ya in the right direction....

LikeArock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/additional-prod-images/en/US/wl2/19884/3/image/6/ i all ready change relay but power door still dont work click noise must be from module.

I would either pull your switches and check the voltage or locate your harness in the kick panel and check it there before I would try to find the module for the alarm....you should have 1 wire orange i believe that has constant 12v and a wire that gets 12v when you push lock and one that gets 12v when you unlock..Would probably be best to check at your switches then check at the harness...could be possible to have a fuse issue I thinks its #13 or maybe 14..

OP
OP
R

refugio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
noise click only when i push the unlock but not when i press lock no click noise.

LikeArock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
noise click only when i push the unlock but not when i press lock no click noise.

Most likely bad switch....Only way to be sure is to check for voltage when you press the switch either remove switch or check at drivers kick panel at harness....Lock wire should be light blue....Unlock is white

OP
OP
R

refugio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
voltage unlock 12.5 , lock with no pushing button 11.48 with push button 12.5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachawn213