Power programmer voids warranty ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a lot of warranty work done on my truck. The last was a full transmission rebuilt a few days ago covered under warranty. I have my Edge programmer mounted on the dash and the dealership didn't say a word! I didn't even bother flash the computer back to factory. Just depends on the dealership I guess. They get their money from GM regardless, so why would they care!

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
In the last year of owning my Cobalt, before trading for the Tahoe, I used my extended warranty to replace my transmission (cracked bellhousing, lost 1st and reverse) and rebuild the engine (bent rod, spun rod bearing). Car was very modded and tuned. Not a word from the dealer, or GM. I was expecting to pay. It mostly depends on your dealer and if they are dicks. I happen to have a very good relationship with my service department. But, having the Magnuson-Moss Act printed out and sitting face up in the front passenger seat doesn't hurt either. A bit of advice though, don't get angry with your service rep if they bring you bad news. They're more likely to help you out if you're kind, but there's also only so much they can do.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Baggedranger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't yet put my GTO back to the factory tune to turn it in for warranty work. With it being a GTO it's been in for a good amount of warranty work.. Stupid little Australian electronic gremlins.. However I love the car even with it's issues..

AppleJuz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why not just let the warranty die out? I mean, get the most out of your warranty period. Then when it's all used up, slap on some power programmers (Edge Products are the best, well for me), new engine, etc. Point is, MOD all you want AFTER the warranty period. OR VOID IT and MOD all you want :)