Ppv center cap spacers and bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Dragging this up from the dead. Tony, did you ever get your answer? Asking for a friend..... ;)
I didn't, I just made my own spacers using aluminum tube that was the same diameter. I then cut a few spacers out of it. I had a factory spacer to use as a reference. Worked great. You could pick up the aluminum tube from Home Depot or Lowes. The bolts were easy.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolts I have. Nice stainless ones. From what I can tell, the spacers, bolts and o-rings only come with the cap. That's kind of weird, to me, as it seems to be quite easy to have these go missing during a tire/wheel change, as I've experienced, even taking incredible care to make sure I pulled all spacers and put them on the tray of my work stool. ->****!<- one just vanished.

Even more-weird, again, to me, as I was able to locate just the radio knob for our '12 Caprice 9C1. I'd kind of expected to have to repair the broken one I have. But searching revealed a working P/N and I may now order a spare.

I've ordered some threaded aluminum spacers the same size as the OEM spacers, save the ID, which I'll drill out. and counter-sink each end. Hopefully that'll be a suitable substitution.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The bolts I have. Nice stainless ones. From what I can tell, the spacers, bolts and o-rings only come with the cap. That's kind of weird, to me, as it seems to be quite easy to have these go missing during a tire/wheel change, as I've experienced, even taking incredible care to make sure I pulled all spacers and put them on the tray of my work stool. ->****!<- one just vanished.

Even more-weird, again, to me, as I was able to locate just the radio knob for our '12 Caprice 9C1. I'd kind of expected to have to repair the broken one I have. But searching revealed a working P/N and I may now order a spare.

I've ordered some threaded aluminum spacers the same size as the OEM spacers, save the ID, which I'll drill out. and counter-sink each end. Hopefully that'll be a suitable substitution.
From what I remember those rubber o rings are only used to keep the spacers and bolts together, also makes it easier when you're putting the caps back on the wheels--as you've found out. I didn't use those, so I'm just really careful when I take things apart.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I remember those rubber o rings are only used to keep the spacers and bolts together, also makes it easier when you're putting the caps back on the wheels--as you've found out. I didn't use those, so I'm just really careful when I take things apart.
I never knew that, makes sense! Are the o-rings against the rim I assume? TO hold the bolts and spacers to the cap? Good stuff!

I ALWAYS take my center caps off my wheels if I have to take it into a shop so they don't FK TM UP.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I never knew that, makes sense! Are the o-rings against the rim I assume? TO hold the bolts and spacers to the cap? Good stuff!

I ALWAYS take my center caps off my wheels if I have to take it into a shop so they don't FK TM UP.
It's been a few years but I'm pretty sure that's how their set up.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When pulling the caps off one of our ex-service vehicles, I discovered they had o-rings at both ends of some of the bolts. I don't remember if it was on our '10 Tahoe or '12 Caprice, but one of them had them. Our '18 Tahoe had none. There's evidence the truck was driven hard and fast several times, so it's possible the o-rings were charred when they changed tires, but who knows. Since I was running low in my o-ring inventory, the '18 Tahoe just got them on the end against the wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms