pulling the motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireguy1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just finished replacing my 5.7 in my 98. It is pretty straight forward. Make sure you remove the fan before you take off the belt .. much easier. Don't forget to undo the torque converter and you can sit the starter to the side without undoing the wires. It is a little bit od a problem getting at the upper bolts on the back of the engine. I didn't mark any of the connections as they can only go into one place. Good Luck .. give us an update.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GL!

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

While the engine is out, it is optimal and easier to tons of mods. If money is an issue, nothing like CLEANING UP the engine bay

1) Paint
2) Cleaner
3) Wiring

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2 on cleaning up of the engine bay and even the engine. It's pretty cheap to do, not real difficult but makes a HUGE difference :waytogo:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would of hoped the guy already installed the motor and has it running, old thread=:poop: lol

The thread just started a couple weeks ago, right? :hmm:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL @ not labeling anything doing an engine swap. God I'm an *******.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx