purchasing high mileage tahoes 07-08s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coolade07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey fellers...havent been on this in a looong while.
long story short...tahoe got messed up in an accident. took the insurance check. cruised around in a VW the last 2 years and i miss my truck.

sooo....i was checkin out 07-08 tahoes n suburbans that have over 100k+ miles on them priced in the $17-22k range.
is it worth buyin a tahoe that has that much wear on the original engine or shud i wait for something newer with less miles?

i jus dont want to make the mistake of buyin something as is and have a problem 8-12 months down the line, but at the same time i dont want to purchase an extended warranty that wont work for me either.

rodwar254

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought min for $23k plus the roll over from my trade in back in 2010, my 07 yukon had 100,000 now 150000. I havent had any problems at all...rides great...only a few changes done

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give your location and what you are looking for and a member might be able to help you one.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought ours with 99K. No issues whatsoever. Second owner, was bought, maintained and traded into the same dealership. Like any vehicle, mileage is not an issue if proper maintenance was done.

Extended warranty is not really a big deal with these things, I dont think they have any weird issues, and the engine and drivetrain have been used forever, so parts are not too hard to find or extremely expensive.

OP
OP
Coolade07

Coolade07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give your location and what you are looking for and a member might be able to help you one.

im in the northern suburbs of chicago. id love to get my hands on a white Ltz

muuahhhahah muuhahahaha:yaoface2:
the dr evil laugh

380ss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We recently purchased a high millage Tahoe. So far, I just replaced the driving light bulb that blew out. That was a PTA getting that headlight assembly out. We had two error codes (TPS, Suspension) that were thrown. The dealership took care of them. Said a shock was bad and had to reset TPS.

I priced the OEM suspension shocks for this vehicle and if you have the auto leveling it will set you back $400 per. Ouch....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skunkltz