Question about home-polishing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
So, my Tahoe is looking kinda scratched up. So, I was wondering if I could buy one of those buffing kits you get at Auto Zone that go onto an electric screwdriver. Does it work? Is it worth it? Should I do something else? Should I just get it professionally done? Your opinions, please! Thanks!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue and the best solution I've found is to do a full out paint correction. I got a quote from a local guy for $350 to get it done. Supposedly it'll remove the scratches...

rosendo192000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If u have the budget to do it professionally I would highly recommend it !! Autozone polish wheels are worthless and risking you might damage your finish even more then what it is . There is a lot of products on the net that work wonders , I personaly use "chemical brothers" products since iv bought my Tahoe in 07 and Also on my bike since 04 . Iv used almost of of their products , swirl light scratches remover , glaze , polish , sealers and waxes . Every thing done by hand no machine . I'm just to afraid to do it wrong and burn my paint , which brings me back to recommending goin professionally :)

OP
OP
Diabology

Diabology

What's not good?
Reaction score
Ok, sounds like I should go get quotes for professionals! 350$ sounds great! What is "paint correction" though?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could try clay barring and using a swirl remover but professional would be a better result. Make sure you do your research on the detailer and not just worry about price as you could end up with worse then what you have.

A.E.D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a small detail business I would recommend letting a professional take care of it but its not hard to do yourself with some practice but very time consuming without the right tools. A full paint correction is multiple steps of correction to bring back the ultimate shine and depth to your paint. No better satisfaction then doin it yourself but may be better to let the pros fix it and then learn the proper way to keep it looking like new.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou