Question on 275/40/r22 vs 275/50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey, driving my 2023 Yukon Denali with 22” rims.

Looking for a more aggressive tread that can handle some light snow versus the current Alenza’s I’m running, 275/50/r22.

I did read a post about someone considering the Michelin cross climate2 (avail as 275/40/r22, only) but they didn’t end up getting them. They are currently my top choice but I am a little hesitant dropping to a 40 ratio sidewall from the 50, that I’m currently running.

I know about the bit stiffer and bumpy ride I may be getting with the shorter sidewall, however better handling. I think I would enjoy the more aggressive look though. Anyone have pics of 22” rims with 40 sidewall?

Anything I am missing here? I’m in Southern California and I’ll admit that most of my driving is on the freeway in dry conditions. However, I am hauling two young children, and in the event we encounter some snow on our mountain trips, I’d like to be well prepared, even if that means replacing tires prematurely. Thanks y’all.

Attachments

• IMG_6321.png
    IMG_6321.png
    685.1 KB · Views: 2