Question regarding trim levels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Naks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Proud owner of a 2007 Tahoe LT. I have a quick question regarding the different trims. Im shopping around and found a 2009 Hoe "LS". Now, this hoe comes with full leather, sun roof, digital climate control, park sensors and heated / memory seats.

As far as Im aware of, the LS trim is the lowest of them all. So how is it possible to have all these features? It seems to me that this vehicle should be at least an LT model no? Currently, my 2007 hoe IS an LT and has cloth seats, no sunroof, no heated seats... If anything my 07 should be an LS and the 09 should be a LT.

Could someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks!

twizzer18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That def sounds like an LT, but it is possible that the previous owner made the modifications, or maybe the dealer just made a mistake when listing the vehicle.

Do you happen have a link to the vehicle?

OP
OP
N

Naks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nope unfortunately its not posted online. So say it is an LT, then should my 07 not be an LS as it is cloth, no sun roof, manual climate control ect?

It seems like the 09 is pretty much fully loaded, only thing that would make it an LTZ then would be a navigation system and perhaps the chrome 20's correct? Oh and maybe the auto ride suspension, but Im not sure if thats an LTZ option only.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope unfortunately its not posted online. So say it is an LT, then should my 07 not be an LS as it is cloth, no sun roof, manual climate control ect?

It seems like the 09 is pretty much fully loaded, only thing that would make it an LTZ then would be a navigation system and perhaps the chrome 20's correct? Oh and maybe the auto ride suspension, but Im not sure if thats an LTZ option only.

Yep autoride is LTZ only. 09 is when things became standard on LT so it's possible to have a basically stripped LT prior to. And LTs only have polished 20"s if they have 20"s, it was 2010 or 11 that chrome became on option on the LTZ. And nav can/could be had on LTZ or LT. My buddy has a 2011 LTZ without nav.

OP
OP
N

Naks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah okay, this clears a few things up for me. I appreciate the input fellas, thank you!

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I WOULD say to run the VIN, but that can be misleading. My '99 SLT comes up as a Denali with my VIN, which is what my insurance is based on :-(

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Sub with LS trim, yet it has leather, Nav, backup camera, 22" rims, etc.

I know it is an LS because it is titled that way, badged that way, has a 9 seat capacity, and is missing many creature comforts like memory/heated seats, auto climate control(which I am glad about), regular power mirrors without puddle lamps, turn signals, power folding, etc.
Yet is has the brushed aluminum interior trim which I like, along with 3 DVD screens.
So it is all over the place identity wise.

yOGi420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 z71 has it all, 4x4, 2 tone leather power heated memory seats, nav, DVD, auto climate, power memory puddle dimming mirrors, sunroof, back up sensors/cam and I'm sure I'm forgetting other features. Is it typical for a z71 to be fully loaded like that? I've seen others that looked like it was way stripped down, in comparison.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 z71 has it all, 4x4, 2 tone leather power heated memory seats, nav, DVD, auto climate, power memory puddle dimming mirrors, sunroof, back up sensors/cam and I'm sure I'm forgetting other features. Is it typical for a z71 to be fully loaded like that? I've seen others that looked like it was way stripped down, in comparison.

I had an 09 Z71 that was the same except the two tone interior. I believe that was done away with in 09. It was an LT3 Z71 package.

yOGi420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any other tahoe with the 2 tone leather seating. I think it's called ebony/morroco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968