Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tbf mine was prob up on jackstands this time last year as well
Well, I wasn't gonna say anything but.... :hands: :D

My excuse on lack of "progress" on the burb is trying to other projects accomplished between the s10 and the dually so I haven't been able to do anything on the burb other than keeping her clean and running right. Your thread is definitely more active than mine, tho :roflbow:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soooo, whatcha doin...:love51:

After giving them the shaft (s), did they think that would fix your issue with trannys?:cocktail:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess dunno.
i dropped my massive shafts off monday. builders were still out from having weekend troubles in the woods.
still havent gotten word on how much of trans is actually trashed. hoping most of the other hardparts are salvageable as thats where the nickel and diming adds up. first build was about 7k, spend about 2k the first time it was trashed. then the last input shaft that lasted 2 months was another 2300, just spent 1800 on shafts, ill likely be over 15k total dumped in the trans after this
a little disheartening to say the least

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i guess dunno.
i dropped my massive shafts off monday. builders were still out from having weekend troubles in the woods.
still havent gotten word on how much of trans is actually trashed. hoping most of the other hardparts are salvageable as thats where the nickel and diming adds up. first build was about 7k, spend about 2k the first time it was trashed. then the last input shaft that lasted 2 months was another 2300, just spent 1800 on shafts, ill likely be over 15k total dumped in the trans after this
Wow!! Did you see the latest trans that Cleetus got in for the el Camino? Being heavy and pushing 2k HP they stepped up to a built TH400. No idea how much they spent but maybe less than $15k lol Just wonder if that’s part of your issue, too, is the how big the Yukon is and getting all that weight moving is hard even on girthy shafts :naughty:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!! Did you see the latest trans that Cleetus got in for the el Camino? Being heavy and pushing 2k HP they stepped up to a built TH400. No idea how much they spent but maybe less than $15k lol Just wonder if that’s part of your issue, too, is the how big the Yukon is and getting all that weight moving is hard even on girthy shafts :naughty:

i did, th400s are a little cheaper to build than 4l80s but theyre probably real close to 10k, definitely over with the converter (the one i have is almost 2000$ and no where near as nice lol).
i just really didnt feel like having a full manual valve body, and wanted overdrive.
shafts will hopefully do the trick. will probably quit trying to brute force a 9sec run and turn it down to work on the short track

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess dunno.
Damn. I know you're more than capable of rebuilding one of those transmissions. What little bit I looked into it the last time it broke, it didn't seem very difficult. If I can build a 4l60, you can for sure build an 80.

I hope your massive shaft is successful in getting it off without breaking her this time.

Didn't mean to bring up bad memories, sorry. I was just missing you...your updates. Totally. The updates is what I was missing...

Happy Thanksgiving dude

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. I know you're more than capable of rebuilding one of those transmissions. What little bit I looked into it the last time it broke, it didn't seem very difficult. If I can build a 4l60, you can for sure build an 80.

I hope your massive shaft is successful in getting it off without breaking her this time.

Didn't mean to bring up bad memories, sorry. I was just missing you...your updates. Totally. The updates is what I was missing...

Happy Thanksgiving dude

Problem is, I'm so good at so many things already....

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took ctsv to track again. couple other ones there as well with known mods/tune :oops:

i had a suspicion there could be a tune on mine because a)the coolant temp never goes above like 180 - afaik for peak efficiency they usually run 212-220 i thought and b) sposed to be limited from factory at 130 or 135...and it does go a little faster than that.

guy (who wasnt running) has same color as mine with some more carbon fibre. talked for a min - said his stock ran around 11.8. hes down to 11.1s i think he said with a couple mods. told him first time i brought mine out it was 100* out but still ran 11.5/6s.

other white one 2019, had atleast an intake and a tune - didnt really look for headers but had atleast a catback from the sound - mine ran a little bit better than it all night. this guy was on hand controls tho from being paralyzed i guess? cool guy tho.

sooo i may need to go through the tune on mine, like i said the couple times i logged it showed bunch of knock wot which if someone tuned it like that is concerning what other crap they did :emotions122: .or its possible that it was tuned to have some mods on it and whoever put it back to stock and tune isnt happy. but fairly confident in what i said a couple weeks ago octane and cooler intake temps this thing will run bottom 11s -

for tonight; i threw 5gals of VP ms109 race fuel on top of about 8 gallons of 93 (to see if it would hep with the knock, didnt log though), its got a afe drop in filter in stock box, and uhhh i changed the oil wednesday lol. weather was nice around 70* but not cold enough to drop intake temp drastically. tried to launch it first time off foot brake and it just sat there, making reaction time almost .6 but 60' was better. second time i just stomped it as soon as the second bulb went back off and its still slow as shit to respond

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmfarr21