Random moments when you realize how much you love your truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been raining non stop and she's been a dirty dirty hoe ...

But I just went to fill her up and when I went to reset the dic she showed me 19.6 mpg average ... big smile and an overwhelming sense of unwarranted self importance ensued. :D

You ain't kiddin!! It's monsoon season in the DC area!! I have been dying to post pics of my new door mouldings and exhaust, but its been too damn rainy to get a pic of the dirty hoe!!

mike06train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to look at my Denali and just be awestruck that I had one. Then, when the x wife got it I was going to step down to the LTZ (still a great truck) but found a deal on my escalade. And yea. I look out the window and get " an overwhelming sense of unwarranted self importance" which is not such a bad thing. Kind of like free prozac.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i always park way far away in parking lots, just so i can look at it dreamingly as i approach it for that long walk- ( that and i dont get door dings) think national lampoon's vacation far away-- plus its good exercise

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to look at my Denali and just be awestruck that I had one. Then, when the x wife got it I was going to step down to the LTZ (still a great truck) but found a deal on my escalade. And yea. I look out the window and get " an overwhelming sense of unwarranted self importance" which is not such a bad thing. Kind of like free prozac.

LOL! Denali's and Escalade's... i friggin love em! When the avalanche hits 100k i'm going to sell it and buy myself a Denali I think... owning an Esky still hasn't made me overcome wanting a Denali.

ELIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a 900-mile road trip two weekends ago. Makes me love it even more!

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like mine but would rather have a cc truck :shrug:

OP
OP
bauer4567

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from checking up on one of our job sites this morning. We are under a tight time frame, and since the guys had to give up their Saturday, I figured I should give up at least some of mine... I got some pictures of the truck at the track, not sure if anyone is into Nascar here. I am not a huge fan myself, but figured it would be neat to take a couple of them in front of winners circle at Pocono Raceway!!

Kinda looks like it belongs there!

photo-3.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo4.jpg

And for any of those who DO care about Nascar, you can see some of the work in the above picture, but basically, the entire track was ripped up, a proper subbase was put down (they paved right on top of dirt the first time around), and they will be paving sometime in the next couple weeks. We are working for the general contractor... We do concrete. The wall below is between the pit area and the track (1725 LF), and then we will be placing an 18' x 1650' concrete lane where they actually stop to do the pit stops (where my truck is parked in the above pictures. I also added a picture going into turn 3. It is a neat job to be involved with, we typically do roads and bridges for PennDOT... there is very little glory to be had in highway construction, but there is money to be had!!

photo1-1.jpg

photo5.jpg

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I love that she'll do anything I ask and doesn't mind getting dirty.

I just got home from my second road trip in as many weekends. Last weekend I was in Elmira, NY for my sister's wedding. This weekend I was in Pittsburgh for the Utah/Pitt game. Not a single problem from her, and everybody was comfortable. She didn't even complain that I asked her to carry all the bags. That's when you know you have something wonderful. In Pittsburgh she wasn't afraid of heights and wanted to climb every steep hill, even making sharp turns on inclines where 1 rear wheel would come completely come off the ground. It was like she was telling me she liked to play rough and wanted me to be as rough as I could, even with every seat in the truck full.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My love for the Tahoe is renewed with every reflection I get out of the paint and each comment/look she's given from clients and passersby.

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i pull up next to a bone stock Tahoe at a traffic light...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52