Rattle coming from seat belt area in driver side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed a rattle from where the seat belt comes out of the frame in the driver side. Anyone have an idea what it could be or what I could try to tighten to fix it? Pic of the general area attached.if I press a bit on the chrome hardware circled it seems to suppress the rattle

Attachments

• IMG_6351.jpeg
    IMG_6351.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it change if you raise or lower the seatbelt height adjuster? Are you wearing your seatbelt?
It doesn’t seem to change if it’s in a different position and yes I'm wearing the seatbelt.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t seem to change if it’s in a different position and yes I'm wearing the seatbelt.
probably have to pop that pillar cover open and take a look inside, sometimes all it takes is a small piece of felt or even a piece of tape to quiet up a rattle noise.
harbor freight sells plastic trim tools so you don't mare anything up, and there may be a screw holding it on, if there is sometimes they just have a plastic cap covering the access hole. haven't looked that hard at the t2 interiors yet

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably have to pop that pillar cover open and take a look inside, sometimes all it takes is a small piece of felt or even a piece of tape to quiet up a rattle noise.
harbor freight sells plastic trim tools so you don't mare anything up, and there may be a screw holding it on, if there is sometimes they just have a plastic cap covering the access hole. haven't looked that hard at the t2 interiors yet
Thanks. It’s under warranty and I’ve got to go in this coming week for a software update and other things so I may just mention it to them. I just didn’t want it to be something where they had to take the entire door apart to do it and deal with all that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
99tahoe46322