Rattle under dashboard!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Prospect62

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still can't figure out how and it's been too cold here for me to feel like fiddling with it. I'll post up when I finally dig into it.

I have a feeling something is loose and rattling near the photo cell right in the front center of the dash up near the windshield.

ComoYukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I am having the same issue in our 2018 Yukon XL. I have taken apart the dash trim piece near the windshield and nothing has made it go away. Taped all the clips with tape, but that darn rattle is still there. Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could try pulling the radio out, the modules just unplug and are right behind the lcd, that might give you some access to whatever is rattling back there, use a flashlight to look in back there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and like others have said the sound can carry I could have sworn mine was rattling in one place but it was actually the overhead console trim piece, completely different than where it sounded. it's a good idea to have a passenger try and find it while driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captainmal425