RCX 6" lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwd56

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thinking about putting a lift on my 94 yukon gt. I've seen bowties reviews of the rcx lift, but wondering why it's so much cheaper than some of the others? Are there other parts I'll have to get that are not included, or is it just a good deal? Thanks guys.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats the kit im putting on my 97 yukon gt. I read somewhere on another forum its cheaper because not a great kit for hardcore offroading. Example: Rockcrawling and such. The review said it is great for getting the truck higher and still riding on trails that arent extreme. I honestly think its just a great deal! Im gettign the 6 inch after i complete college so i can just get 4 inches of lift then if i want to go higher later i can. Good luck with the purchase. Bowtie should chime in sooner or later...

Oh and before anyone bashes me for what i said about the kit at the beginning. Its not my opinion it was a guy that on another forum or something i cant remember that had that and a Fabtech? on his truck and did some testing...

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The kit has pretty much everything even the brake lines. You may need the optional sway bar links, the exhaust mod, alignment. other than that it's a complete package. I like the kit. From my understanding, they redesigned the kit a few years back and put it out for less money. (the redesign was a good thing, not a corner cutting mission). I heard the old lifts were alrught but these newer kits are way better. I guess look at it from a sales standpoint. Let's say they make 30% profit on everykit in the past. they sold 100 a year. now they make 20% profit but sell 1000 a year. They make more in the long run.

In response to Nick's comment:

No IFS kit is good for hardcore. Sas is hardcore. The IFS lifts are good for playing and mudding. IFS has ZERO flex. I run the Cepek kit on the tahoe which for a long time was the most bad ass 6" lift for our trucks, it falls on it's face compared to an SAS truck. But comparing the cepek to the RCX, RCX is not bad quality.

Last edited:

WhiteWarWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am running the RCX 6 in. the install was easy, and mine has done very well offroad. The only concern i would have is swapping the rubber brake lines that come with the kit for stainless ones. other than that, i love mine.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No IFS kit is good for hardcore. Sas is hardcore. The IFS lifts are good for playing and mudding. IFS has ZERO flex. I run the Cepek kit on the tahoe which for a long time was the most bad ass 6" lift for our trucks, it falls on it's face compared to an SAS truck. But comparing the cepek to the RCX, RCX is not bad quality.

This, has to be the most correct and to the point statement about IFS lifts ever. If I was just going to build mine for looks or some light wheeling, I'd just buy a Rough Country lift and call it good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968