Ready lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ABN45

Reaction score
So with this Yukon I'm wanting to go strictly bolt on suspension that I can still untilize my factory 17" rims with my Cooper A/T tires that are brand new.
I found this. Opinions are wanted and suggestions are welcome. Maybe other lifts that you know of that stay within $1,600. I've got other things to buy for the weekend excursions.
Usually I would piece together a lift and or build my own parts at work on the Lazer and cnc. But don't have time.
This will be used as a daily driver and some minor overlanding on the weekends.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ABN45 I recommend not lifting above 2.5 inches without a lower control arm drop kit, with that kit you will be stretching the suspension well outside of it's designed range.

How big are your tires?

OP
OP
ABN45

ABN45

Reaction score
@ABN45 I recommend not lifting above 2.5 inches without a lower control arm drop kit, with that kit you will be stretching the suspension well outside of it's designed range.

How big are your tires?
Right now I have the stock 31's but I want to go max of 33 because of my stock gear set up of the 305's. I do not plan on regearing.

Do you have a lift in mind of not more than 4-5 inches? Thot about 6 but that's to much lift for that small of tire and 17" wheel

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ABN45 You only need about 2 inches of lift to fit 33's on factory wheels. Heck I'm not really lifted and I'm running 33's on factory wheels.

If you lift above 3 inches you might want aftermarket wheels or it will look like you are on stilts, aftermarket wheels with a wider offset will give you that "bigger" look instead of just "taller"

The only 4 inch kit I would mess with is the BDS one, it comes with all the supporting parts you need to keep the suspension in optimal geometry

OP
OP
ABN45

ABN45

Reaction score
@ABN45 You only need about 2 inches of lift to fit 33's on factory wheels. Heck I'm not really lifted and I'm running 33's on factory wheels.

If you lift above 3 inches you might want aftermarket wheels or it will look like you are on stilts, aftermarket wheels with a wider offset will give you that "bigger" look instead of just "taller"

The only 4 inch kit I would mess with is the BDS one, it comes with all the supporting parts you need to keep the suspension in optimal geometry
Gotta admit your set up looks good. What are you running on yours?

Ya I'd figure i would have to get an 33" aftermarket wheel and proper offset for that beefier/bigger stance. And I would upgrade upper control arms to Kryptonite.

Your thots? I myself like rough country as I'm running there 7.5" inch kit on my Silverado 2500HD6.0. Really happy with it as I do go off road and some overlanding with it. But different suspension than a SUV so I don't know how a rough country would behave on a SUV based set up.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ABN45 I just have Moog HD springs which only gives like 1 inch, maybe 1.5 inches of lift.

The 5 Inch lift looks alright but it doesn't address the rear control arms which is a bummer.

OP
OP
ABN45

ABN45

Reaction score
Well then BDS is looking like the way to go then and once I took the fox shox out, way cheaper,lol.
Will definitely provide the clearance i need for overlanding ( getting back into it) will provide nice underbody protection and seems like overall good ride/steering and tough stability as BDS is a good durable brand and hey there warranty isn't to shabby either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryonE