Rear 3 inch lift spaces for 2011 Chev Sub LTZ with Level ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike singleton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I Currently have 2 inch space lift kit on the front of my 2011 Chev Sub LTZ and I'd like to put a simple 3 inch spacer on the rear shocks but most of the listing that I see say that it's not applicable for these trucks with Level Ride Air Shocks (like Mine). Now I'm wonder why exactly and I know that I'll need shock extender brackets which is no problem but I'm perplexed as to why these spaces don't work and wondering what product might be available that might work on the rear in this case.

I only lifted the front end 2 inches which I understand this means that I don't have to change the upper control arms and just want to bring up the rear now about 3 inches. Has anyone with Level Ridge made this adjustment on the rear suspension? Thanks. 2011 ChevLTZLightbar3.jpg20240616_140010 (1).jpg

OP
OP
M

mike singleton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@mike singleton If you want to lift it then you should delete the auto level system. If you like the auto level system you should not lift it.
Thanks Dustin - I now see on the forums that a lot of folks have went with passive shock replacements, then didn't like the ride and went back to the OEM Level Ride Shocks. Your response is pretty much what I expected and I thank you very much> I guess that I'll follow that advice of legendary Darrell Royal, head coach of the Texas Longhorns football team when he said "Dance with the one that Brung ya". lol

Attachments

• 2011ChevSubLTZRear.jpg
    2011ChevSubLTZRear.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2011ChevSubLTZSide.jpg
    2011ChevSubLTZSide.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2011 ChevSubLTZ.jpg
    2011 ChevSubLTZ.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 5

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that the reason why it is "not applicable" is because you will have to customize the 4 level sensors with longer rods to accommodate the increased lift. Folks on this Forum have made the longer rod mod, so it is doable.

OP
OP
M

mike singleton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I Currently have 2 inch space lift kit on the front of my 2011 Chev Sub LTZ and I'd like to put a simple 3 inch spacer on the rear shocks but most of the listing that I see say that it's not applicable for these trucks with Level Ride Air Shocks (like Mine). Now I'm wonder why exactly and I know that I'll need shock extender brackets which is no problem but I'm perplexed as to why these spaces don't work and wondering what product might be available that might work on the rear in this case.

I only lifted the front end 2 inches which I understand this means that I don't have to change the upper control arms and just want to bring up the rear now about 3 inches. Has anyone with Level Ridge made this adjustment on the rear suspension? Thanks. View attachment 432996View attachment 432997
Just an update - No problem with the OEM Level ride system - Installed 2" on the front and 2" on the back - Spacers and it's just perfect height and ride. Going any higher requires changing out upper control arms and a bunch of other parts. (Just not worth the expense to go 4-6 inches or higher. While I had the work done, (since we ride on the beach a lot and they were corroded)I went ahead and replaced all 4 level ride sensors (front and back) with Aftermarket (MOCA Auto parts) from Ebay for $89 for all 4 wheel height sensors and they work great (good quality). Level ride still works great and we're just a little higher out of the sand.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score

I only lifted the front end 2 inches which I understand this means that I don't have to change the upper control arms and just want to bring up the rear now about 3 inches. Has anyone with Level Ridge made this adjustment on the rear suspension? Thanks. View attachment 432996View attachment 432997
It shouldn’t be a problem? If the air leveling system acts weird afterwards you can always get longer adjustable sensor rods to calibrate the sensors back to normal the rods are fairly cheap like 10-20$ rear spacer is like 40-60$ or so
Shock extenders another 30-60$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1