Rear end rocks from side to side while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon with a 6" Procomp lift. I bought the vehicle lifted with 24K miles. A couple of weeks after I brought it home I started noticing the rear end would sway while driving. The only way I can describe is it felt like it was missing a swaybar. I checked the rear 4 link and everything looked fine. Checked the trackbar and saw no issue. All of the bolts have been marked with a paint pen so I can see none are loose. Yesterday while driving it at 55-60 it started swaying like crazy. The rearend was all over the place. I got it pulled over and check the rear trackbar. It was fine but it had broken 2 bolts and broke the original mount in the fame. I should have taken a picture. If I pushed on the rear quarter panel the vehicle would rock side to side 4-6 inches.

If you have a lifted Yukon and you notice it swaying in the rear have the trackbar mount checked out before it breaks hard to fix pieces.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If its busting up bolts,, you got major issues...

First and formost have rear end alignment done after replacing all broken shit, and get tires balanced.

How new are the tires? Is it possible one has formed a lump or bubble?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look into getting the Spohn adjustable track bar. Not only is the track bar probably too short, but pronanly needs a relocating mount to get it at the proper angle.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look into getting the Spohn adjustable track bar. Not only is the track bar probably too short, but pronanly needs a relocating mount to get it at the proper angle.

Wow, these kits do not come with lengthened components?!? Hmmm... What about the brake lines and other items.

OP
OP
Jerden

Jerden

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The ProComp kit comes with an upper trackbar relocation bracket (drop down bracket). I'm sure the added leverage caused the problem.

So far I've been less than impressed with the Procomp lift. The steering is squirrelly, I had to replace the rear driveline because it was too short and leaked tranny fluid all over the driveway, and now the rear trackbar mount broke.

Worst part is I bought it for my wife to haul the kids around in.

Austinarant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 z71 tahoe with 40 inch tires.. I put a Fabtech 6 inch on the truck which also has the dropdown relocation bracket for the traction bar on the rear. I had the same problem with the extra leverage that actually broke the welding on the frame where the bracket mounts.. I had a fabricator friend of mine re-weld another bracket in place of it, and now the factory bushings for the trac bar are gone bad, causing the rear axle to shift left and right.. I just went to the page for the spohn adjustable traction bar (that comes with new poly bushings).. I am going to order one today and see how it does.. The truck has 218,000 miles on it so I guess it is about time for some small maintenance repairs..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlauto

Latest posts