Rear end sagging?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowhuntinhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys need some help. I have an 01 Tahoe with keys and 1" spacers in the rear. Just got new shocks put on it today and now the rear end is sitting a full inch lower than it was. Why would this happen? I changed from the oem shocks to skyjacker m95. Is the only way to fix this to put another inch spacer in the back springs?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possibly the wrong shock installed check the part numbers again

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
B

bowhuntinhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Part number was right on the box but I cant tell now that it's on the truck. It doesnt look fully collapsed or too short. Idk what the issue could be

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy them? Online? Local store? If local I would call them and chew some butt as that can get problems solved. I know when our parts people screw up we fix it. But that is us.

OP
OP
B

bowhuntinhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah i ordered them online from AutoAnything but Skyjacker actually filled the order. The box they came in said they were part number M9517 but the actually shock says M9553. I called Skyjacker and they said that they are the same shock but the M9553 are more of a universal mounting. So they blamed the shop that put them on. I talked to the mechanic and they said all they did was put the shock in place. Thats it. WTF is going on? Should I be pissed that the part number isn't exactly it. Are the two shocks really the same?

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look on the shock.. most likely the wrong shock in correct box... this happens...

OP
OP
B

bowhuntinhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright just had the mechanics look at it again. They said that the new shock allows more travel and that is why the rear end is sitting lower. They said that the spring is just sitting in there loose when they put it up on the lift and that I should just get another spacer for the rear springs and call it a day. What are your thoughts? The shocks are the correct numbers I checked them out extensively. Thanks for all the replies guys.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacers work. I am running 2" and like them just fine. Got mine off ebay for real cheap solid aluminum so no issues with them breaking. It is up to you. I have never had a problem with Auto anything and I am not sure on their return policy on installed parts if you don't want to go the spacers route. Simple fix though. Our body style looks better lifted IMO.

OP
OP
B

bowhuntinhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Think I'll just go with another spacer. Got a one inch already so another wouldn't hurt

donut slayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Alright just had the mechanics look at it again. They said that the new shock allows more travel and that is why the rear end is sitting lower."
huh?? that dosent make any sense. if it allowed more travel, and the spring is loose, it would sit higher, not lower. somethings changed in the suspension other than the shock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925