Rear/Front end Rebuild...With Write-up and Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Biggwaukegan

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
Now the fun part...You will need a buddy for this part. Get him to go buy beer........Then after knockin a nice amount back do this. Put your racers on your carrier. Make sure you have ALREADY TORQUED YOUR RING BOLTS ON THE CARRIER. Mine were 90lbs. Then slip your carrier in with old shims if they work. Luckily for me they seemed to. Bolt up the dam bearing caps and check movement. This can be done by moving the nut on the pinion side of the housing.

Attachments

• new one in. Crush that sleeve.jpg
    new one in. Crush that sleeve.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the IFS I heard it is hard / ipossible to check the lashand that you should just use the old shims. Again this is hear say and nothing I know as a fact.

OP
OP
Biggwaukegan

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 2501 Now its in. You can torque the bolts if you want but first Im gonna mark the teeth with paint and check my mark pattern! Be slow and careful with this job or you will be doin it again. Just ask 96ProCompTahoe...haha Im joking bro:hahano::STFU:...Heres what it looks like marked up. After I marked it I turned the pinion a ton of time until the ring spun around 3 or 4 times. That should give you a good mark on your teeth

marked the teeth.jpg

OP
OP
Biggwaukegan

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
yea the IFS is shrouded in mystery for some reason. Yet another reason to do a nice write-up/pictures for it. Someones gotta set the tone right

OP
OP
Biggwaukegan

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
thanks man. Ive spent a ton of man hours on this beast. Not to mention dam near $10,000 into the mf. but i love this truck. Hell I love chevys and an occansional Olds Cutlass(mid80s).:hands:

OP
OP
Biggwaukegan

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
Hope you guys didnt give up on me. Been in sunny califorinia choppin it up. Im back and ill post the wrap up photos soon.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2501 Now its in. You can torque the bolts if you want but first Im gonna mark the teeth with paint and check my mark pattern! Be slow and careful with this job or you will be doin it again. Just ask 96ProCompTahoe...haha Im joking bro:hahano::STFU:...Heres what it looks like marked up. After I marked it I turned the pinion a ton of time until the ring spun around 3 or 4 times. That should give you a good mark on your teeth

View attachment 2502

hey, not my fault the "guy that has never messed up a gear job" decided to **** mine up.... twice... in a row... hahaha what i get for going back to the indy 4-wheel parts to have something installed. when i have the chance to got get the new front and rear end i'm doin both of them this time around.

you putting a temp guage in new the diff cover?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap