Rear hatch, 05 Yukon Denali XL - Won't lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Melio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 05 yukon denali xl has a hatch back and window button. with no key to open, so i assume the whole system unlocks or locks based on the key fob.

which tells me there is an acutor, or solenoid that is failing -

has anyone done replacement before. know of the correct part to replace.

is there a HOWTO on the forum somewhere someone can point me to?

Thank you!

I read that this was a common issue with yukon's and Suburbans.

danniboi

Reaction score
Mine is faulty too, its a $50 ebay part. You have to take off the plastic cover pieces top window and bottom half, theres like a bolt or two that hold it in as well as the locking mechanism, pretty simple to figure out how to remove and install.

OP
OP
Melio

Melio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked on my used car warranty that i purchased and it covers all of my problem.

so tuesday i'm droping it off at the dealership and letting them fix it.

typically. not an issue for me to fix, but if warrenty covers it. might as well use it.

OP
OP
Melio

Melio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took the Yukon XL to the dealerhsip and they pointed out corrosion on the fuse block.

after reading around various forums and fix em up sites, i'm finding this is a common issue with the yukon.

does the fuse block need to be removed, cleaned? or do i order a brand new one if possible.

anyone have to deal with this?

jabney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i Had the same issue. I initially thought it was the fuse which i repled but problem still persisted. After getting a new dorman actuator on ebay for 45.99 i was back in business in less than an hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003