rear lift spacers, loose fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought some Motofab 1" rear lift spacers from Amazon.

My concerns is when I stack them on each other, they do not fit snugly. There is about 1/8" of play. Enough I can slide them with my hands and make a loud clacking noise.
Not sure if they are purposely made this way, but either the cup portion is oversize (my guess because there is a ridge inside the bottom (top?) of the cup portion.)
Or the bump is undersized. (Or both)
IMG_0137.jpeg

Worried the spring or cup could shift around and make noise.. Is this amount of play normal in spacers?
I assume the protrusion and the recess should be nearly the same diameter..

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mikez71 Can you post a link to the spacers?

The spacers I used in the past were 2.5 inches thick solid aluminum and they fit pretty snug. You want to put them directly on the spring perch and then put the rubber isolator between the spacer and the spring.

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the isolator info Dustin!

The pictures there look like maybe 1.5" or 2" spacers. Mine are only 1"..
Not anodized finish like the photo, more of a painted finish.

Seems like, either these will be loose on the perch, or the spring will be loose on these.
Think I'll order another brand and compare ..

Last edited:

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with MZS they have aluminum spacers. Here is an example of how mine were installed. Once they are in there you shouldn’t have any movement as long as you aren’t stacking lift spacers on the same side.
IMG_2143.jpeg

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw those, seems like they only have 1.5". Which who knows maybe what I need,
but I figure I'll start at the minimum.. (well I've seen 1/2" and 3/4" also but I think 1" is good?)

Might try these "streetrays" from ebay..
except I'll probably get the painted ones..

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prefer a tiny bit more rake unloaded, and I anticipate adding some weight in back. (thinking drawers) This photo shows RC 2"? front level spacers, no rear spacers, 3rd row seats removed.
IMG_4510.jpg

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mikez71 The metal ones from ebay look nice. I think once you get them in you'll be happy with it. I was going to recommend the Moog 81069 rear springs but supposedly the Z71 rear springs are the same.

I really dig those wheels by the way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Voncrutch