Rear Main Seal OEM or Felpro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diezelraccoon

Reaction score
For my 03 Tahoe 2wd with the 5.3 I’m a bit conflicted on what brand I should get for the rear main seal and retainer gasket. I tend to want to stick OEM especially in a job this big but others are telling me Felpro brand is just as good if not better. I’ve got a local parts place here selling both for $42.99.

What do y’all recommend?

Attachments

• IMG_9864.jpeg
    IMG_9864.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
D

diezelraccoon

Reaction score
I've been using FelPro one for the 2 jobs I've done, but wouldn't hesitate to use the OEM.

Buy the centering/installation tool.
With the centering tool I am seeing a few and also seeing a couple different methods in installing the new rear main seal. I’ve seen some where they install the seal into the plate with it out of engine and ones where they put the plate back on and then use the centering tool and then torture the bolts down and then install the main seal. I am not sure how you would use the centering tool doing it the first method I mentioned.

What do you recommended?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mercury4952