Rear Seat Entertainment Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mi_sat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2023 Tahoe High Country with rear seat entertainment. Since the RSE is so inexplicably limited in its capabilities, I purchased a Roku stick that plugs into the HDMI and USB ports. I noticed when I turn off the engine, exit the vehicle and lock the doors, that the Roku's white activity light continues to blink, suggesting there's still power to the unit. I am concerned that if I leave the Roku plugged in, I will drain the battery. Does anyone know if the power to the USB shuts off after a few minutes? I couldn't wait long inside a non-running vehicle in the Florida summer. Thanks.

Colorado Yeti

Reaction score
Not to get sidetrack the conversation but "Rear Seat Entertainment" had a whole different meaning when I was in high school. And not just in Tahoes.

StokieDood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2023 Tahoe High Country with rear seat entertainment. Since the RSE is so inexplicably limited in its capabilities, I purchased a Roku stick that plugs into the HDMI and USB ports. I noticed when I turn off the engine, exit the vehicle and lock the doors, that the Roku's white activity light continues to blink, suggesting there's still power to the unit. I am concerned that if I leave the Roku plugged in, I will drain the battery. Does anyone know if the power to the USB shuts off after a few minutes? I couldn't wait long inside a non-running vehicle in the Florida summer. Thanks.
There is a delay before the rear USB ports power off. If you wait long enough, your Roku will shut down. I have the same in my 23 Yukon Denali but with a Google Chromecast plugged into the HDMI and rear USB C port. I was also worried it would drain the battery but I've left it in there for over a year and no issues with the battery. Recently had the dealership check the battery and all is golden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wbill99hoe