Rear window washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intergalactron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I got my 2020 Tahoe, everything worked. Somewhere in the last 3+ years, the rear window washer quit working. Front windshield washer still works, rear wiper still works, rear washer pump runs when turned on, no washer fluid comes out. Ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got my 2020 Tahoe, everything worked. Somewhere in the last 3+ years, the rear window washer quit working. Front windshield washer still works, rear wiper still works, rear washer pump runs when turned on, no washer fluid comes out. Ideas?
try checking for a broken line/leak, find a dry spot of cement and run the rear wiper motor for a bit then get out and look under the vehicle for a wet spot, if the line is broken then it should be above the wet spot on the ground.
if you can't find anything wet at all even under the truck or in/around the rear hatch then it's possible the motor is cracked and is just sucking air, normally when they crack though they leak right at the washer tank

if the line is cracked you can patch it with some rubber hose and clamps, it's not high pressure and certainly not worth the cost the dealer would charge to replace the entire line

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertLNM