Rebuild to carb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dempsey561

Reaction score
I have the 96 tahoe, 350 vortec engine. Currently it is stock. It has 181xxx miles on it. I'm curious to know if it would be worth rebuilding and converting it to a carb'd motor. If its not worth doing to my motor, I'll probably just get a new motor that is carb'd put into it. Anybody have experience converting their stock motor to carb?

Dlong30

Reaction score
why are you wanting to carb it? there's really no gain unless your trying to run boost?? somebody with more will chime in im sure.

OP
OP
D

Dempsey561

Reaction score
I just wanna be different I guess... Everybody around here either has the diesel or fuel injected tahoes... I want one that is carb'd.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a guy here that did it not that long ago, wasn't hard if I recall. There are a few at FSC and PerformanceTrucks that did carb swaps too ...

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that would definitely be fun to have a carbed tahoe, but if its a dd then i dont know how great that would be lol, i know for myself i would NOT be able to get my foot out of it every 5 seconds to hear the 4 barrel carb open up haha

OP
OP
D

Dempsey561

Reaction score
It used to be my daily, but now I have a new daily... So I'm floating between ideas. Simple carb'd motor, or a full cummins swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065