Z55 rebuild or bilsteins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it not rely on the yaw sensor like tahoes with stabilitrac and standard suspension?
The yaw sensor is one piece of the overall system.
If the shocks didn't provide feedback to the overall system, why would there be electrical connectors for the shocks?
The ride height sensors take care of overall ride height while the in shock sensors provide feedback on the position and speed of travel of the internal piston inside the shock.
The Stabilitrak is actually a pretty great system when operating properly.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The yaw sensor is one piece of the overall system.
If the shocks didn't provide feedback to the overall system, why would there be electrical connectors for the shocks?
The ride height sensors take care of overall ride height while the in shock sensors provide feedback on the position and speed of travel of the internal piston inside the shock.
The Stabilitrak is actually a pretty great system when operating properly.
I mean I get that they’re a part of the equation on something with z55 but with the shocks out of the equation I can’t imagine it not being similar to a lesser suspension Tahoe with stabilitrac. Are you saying that lower trim tahoes are dangerous then?

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean I get that they’re a part of the equation on something with z55 but with the shocks out of the equation I can’t imagine it not being similar to a lesser suspension Tahoe with stabilitrac. Are you saying that lower trim tahoes are dangerous then?
Where did I say any other system was dangerous?
I'm just saying that the shocks are part of the overall Stabilitrak system and removing them will make the vehicle overall less capable in slippery conditions.
I was just giving you an idea of what eliminating the shocks would do, you can decide on your own.
Good luck with whatever you decide, I'm out of this thread.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
When someone asks a question or, for advice, it’s up to that person to pick & choose what works out best for them.

Plenty of suggestions, advice & knowledge has been gifted on this thread. Some of the circumstances relating to the original questions asked have changed. That changed a lot of the answers previously provided.

I’ve never seen a bunch of forum members be more patient & supportive of trying to get you where you asked to be. The individuals who gave you sage advice are looking out for you, your passengers, pedestrians and the other drivers you’ll next to at 60-80 mph.

This advice and answers your seeking would be different if this was a track racing, off road or desert forum. I hope the info provided to you helps in some way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerflash