Reccomended Oil For 2001 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quake.9999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
Any recommendations for motor oil for my 01 4x4 with 140k, Im thinking full synthetic but are the high mileage oils worth a look.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like syns in engines over 100k, seems they make leaks way worse. I run Pennzoil a lot, so I choose Pennzoil Platinum for the SS (40k on engine), and the Yukon and Durango get P High mileage in the gold bottle.

JBTJ

Reaction score
I don't like syns in engines over 100k, seems they make leaks way worse. I run Pennzoil a lot, so I choose Pennzoil Platinum for the SS (40k on engine), and the Yukon and Durango get P High mileage in the gold bottle.

Synthetics only find leaks that are already there. Being they are made of uniformed molecules they are able to exploit weak spots in the gasket materials. This can happen with an engine that has 10 miles on it or even 100 thousand miles. So that part does not matter. I have several vehicles with way over 100k running on synthetics and none of them have leaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968