Reccomended Oil For 2001 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know mine is a different generation but it should similar for drivetrain I use valvoline MaxLife synthetic blend oil on my 07 with 150k. Seems to perform well

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Synthetics only find leaks that are already there. Being they are made of uniformed molecules they are able to exploit weak spots in the gasket materials. This can happen with an engine that has 10 miles on it or even 100 thousand miles. So that part does not matter. I have several vehicles with way over 100k running on synthetics and none of them have leaks.

That's fine if thats your experience. Mine is my experience, and because I've seen it so many times consistently on so many vehicles I stand behind it. While it may not happen on every vehicle, it happens often enough it is worth mentioning. I would venture to say MOST 100k engines have a leak somewhere, and MOST of the time the syn will make it leak the maximum amount possible.

JBTJ

Reaction score
That's fine if thats your experience. Mine is my experience, and because I've seen it so many times consistently on so many vehicles I stand behind it. While it may not happen on every vehicle, it happens often enough it is worth mentioning. I would venture to say MOST 100k engines have a leak somewhere, and MOST of the time the syn will make it leak the maximum amount possible.

Add about 4 to 6 ounces of brake fluid to the oil and that will swell the gasket material and stop the leaks. Synthetic oil or not. :)

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run mobile 1 full synthetic on all of my vehicles. I run 10w-30 in winter and 10w-40 in summer on my burb. Haven't had a single problem.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
5W-20 or 5W-30 high mileage synthetic blend in both my LSx trucks.

Sent from Tapatalk

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Mobil 1 High Mileage 5W-30.

I've run the same since my truck hit 75k. No leaks or other issues to speak off, and it's running great.

Just make sure you pair it with a good filter, like Bosch or Wix. If you're really fancy, you can run a Mobil 1 filter as well.

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
I use Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5w30. At 147k miles, no problems at all.

I also use the Mobil 1 oil filter with it, so idk if it would effect it negatively to use a cheap-o filter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968