Recommended maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pro-v eddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon Denali 6.2L with 27000 miles. My dealer just recommended that I have them do a Fuel / Air Induction Clean up on Direct Injection procedure. What is this? The maintenance schedule in my owners manual does not make any reference to this being a necessary procedure. I don't doubt that this could one day be necessary but the truck runs great with so few miles.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple ways they might do this. Blast the intake valves with a wood type dust to clean the back sides of the valve head. Or shoot a cleaner liquid solvent through the intake to do the same thing. Pretty early for this and I'm not real sure that is good for the modern styled piston rings and cylinder walls.

OP
OP
pro-v eddie

pro-v eddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Couple ways they might do this. Blast the intake valves with a wood type dust to clean the back sides of the valve head. Or shoot a cleaner liquid solvent through the intake to do the same thing. Pretty early for this and I'm not real sure that is good for the modern styled piston rings and cylinder walls.
Thanks Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neilyoungfan