Reliability 2010 vs. 2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
07 and have 130k on it and really no big issues. Had to replace rear pinion bearing and it and that was really the only big thing. Had some sensor hear and there that had to be replaced. I am selling it now and plan on getting 20k for it. They hold there value pretty good. Only reason I am getting rid of it is to move up to a newer Escalade with lower milage or even a new 2012 or 13 Tahoe.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bit off topic, sorry...

Just curious... Why did you guys 'n gals stop showing up over on the Corvette Forum, C6 Z06 section??

Hello undy,

I am sorry that you feel as though they forgot about you guys on the forum. Kelly and Marissa are still there. If you have a concern please send them a private message they would be more than happy to help. I will also let them know to check in today."

Best regards,

Jennifer T.,
GM Customer Care

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello undy,

I am sorry that you feel as though they forgot about you guys on the forum. Kelly and Marissa are still there. If you have a concern please send them a private message they would be more than happy to help. I will also let them know to check in today."

Best regards,

Jennifer T.,
GM Customer Care

I tried to send you this in a PM but couldn't due to a low post count...

Thanks for the reply Jennifer.

The C6 Z06 is encountering a LOT of engine problems, causing a lot of GM animosity. I seems that once these problems became painfully evident customer service stopped posting and for the most part stopped replying to emails and ***. GM's response to these problems didn't help either. (Covette Forum internet hysteria). GM has lost a lot of loyal customers on that board. It seems that 80%-90% of Z06s out there have valve guides worn waaaay beyond GM's max limit specs. This is occurring as early as 5,000 miles. Cars with 20K miles sees 75% of them worn beyond specs. Most dealers are clueless and are not willing to investigate more.

There's been 100+ engines reported that have blown up due to a dropped exhaust valve caused by extremely worn valve guides. People now are taking this bad situation into their own hands, replacing faulty heads with their own money even with it still under warranty.

Tis a sad state of affairs...

Thanks again for your reply. This forum is a breath of fresh air.

Dave

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to send you this in a PM but couldn't due to a low post count...

Thanks for the reply Jennifer.

The C6 Z06 is encountering a LOT of engine problems, causing a lot of GM animosity. I seems that once these problems became painfully evident customer service stopped posting and for the most part stopped replying to emails and ***. GM's response to these problems didn't help either. (Covette Forum internet hysteria). GM has lost a lot of loyal customers on that board. It seems that 80%-90% of Z06s out there have valve guides worn waaaay beyond GM's max limit specs. This is occurring as early as 5,000 miles. Cars with 20K miles sees 75% of them worn beyond specs. Most dealers are clueless and are not willing to investigate more.

There's been 100+ engines reported that have blown up due to a dropped exhaust valve caused by extremely worn valve guides. People now are taking this bad situation into their own hands, replacing faulty heads with their own money even with it still under warranty.

Tis a sad state of affairs...

Thanks again for your reply. This forum is a breath of fresh air.

Dave

undy,

Thank you for clearing up what the issue that is occurring in the Corvette forum. I just spoke with Kelly and resolved the problem of the inbox being full therefore causing forum users to be unable to leave private messages. I am happy to assist. If you like, you may send either Kelly on the Corvette forum a message or you can private message me right here your information. I do have to admit that Kelly speaks Corvette better than I due to her growing up around them since she was a kid. Lol.

Either Kelly or I look forward to your private message.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.,
GM Customer Care

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
undy,

Thank you for clearing up what the issue that is occurring in the Corvette forum. I just spoke with Kelly and resolved the problem of the inbox being full therefore causing forum users to be unable to leave private messages. I am happy to assist. If you like, you may send either Kelly on the Corvette forum a message or you can private message me right here your information. I do have to admit that Kelly speaks Corvette better than I due to her growing up around them since she was a kid. Lol.

Either Kelly or I look forward to your private message.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.,
GM Customer Care

Thanks so much Jennifer...

Folks... back to the regular channel programming. (sorry for the derailment)

BTW... I'm still a GM nut and love my Yukon Denali!!!

Last edited:

zrxoa1

Reaction score
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. I am interested to hear more about it. Could you please private message me the details?

Safe travels,

GM Customer Care

PM sent...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking at a Denali (or probably the Tahoe with the 6.2L, i think that was 2009 only) they all have the 6 speed tranny. I bought a 07 with 60k on it and had to replace a solenoid in the tranny (under warranty) and one of the rear parking sensors (I don't think that was under warranty but was under $100). I also had to replace the batttery since it had like 35 cranking amps when we load tested it. My buddy (one of our GM World Class techs) said the stock battery is way undersized for the amount of electronics on a Yukon so I replaced it with the battery from a 2500HD (78DT6YR) we had in stock. It was a direct fit
Now I have a 2011 with about 26k on it and no issues so far.
Anyway, I don't think the earlier ones have more issues than the later ones (at least in the higher end trims like Denali).

E1E

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 07 I bought used some years ago has been reliable wit only a few quirks. Somewhere around 94K + on it right now and most annoying thing was spark knock. I blame Mr. Ethanol so I had to switch to 93 octane for now. Chevron injector cleaner helped but I still notice it under light load using 87 octane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyCoates12