remember your first day with her....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisInWI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was 15 and It was raining like a mother ****** out. We wernt planning on buying a truck that day so just me and my dad went to look at some up in Fresno(Hour away from where I lived) Ended up looking at my truck and I told my dad I wanted it so pulled out a *** of cash and bought it on the spot. Didnt tell my mom since she wanted us to wait till I was 16. So anyways since it was just me and my dad I got to drive it home by my self while he was behind me. Felt like a G the whole hour drive home. Mom was PISSED when we got back. I guess my dad buying a truck without her knowing makes her mad :jester:

You know what they say....it's easier to ask forgiveness than beg permission :)

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saw mine sitting under a tree untouched for over a year. dead batery no oil no fluids in anything mold growing in the head lights. jumped it paid the guy put some fluid in it and drove off lol

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Found the ad on craigslist, sold my land rover, drove it really hard and nothing broke, I got underneath and nothing clunked, so I paid cash. She's been like a bad addiction. Once I got into her, I just couldn't stop, or give up. I roll and smoke her whenever I can, really. She's taken all my money, my friends won't come over anymore because all I want to do is wrench, and my family thinks I have a problem, but they just don't know.
:drunk:

imtbear69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well to start i was looking for a silverado cause i had owned a 97,but because of life things had to let it go,so about a year ago i decided that i wanted another truck and the search began.Around here people tare up trucks bad and i was having no luck finding one that felt right,well one day i am driving thru Clovis (which is a small town on the east side of Fresno) and i see a silverado the looks good,now i should mention that i have always loved the 2 door Tahoe but around here they don't come up for sale very often so i wasn't really looking for one,any way LOL, i am talking to the owner of this small lot and telling him about my Lincoln Mark VIII that is a show car and he says i have something for you to look at,so he takes me in his private garage and sitting there on this checker bored floor is this black 2 door i fell in love but thinking it wasn't for sale i did not ask how much this is when he says i let you have it for what i paid for it,i laugh and say i can not afford that much (was working with a 7g budget) and he says 6500$ i said sold LOL and the rest is history.

Now I am getting ready for this years car show season so wish me luck

99Tahoe

Reaction score
Had 2 grand to get my first car with and mom chose this one. I never truly liked it until this past winter when it snowed.

Being the only kid with 4 wheel drive, i drove everyone around and completly dominated the snow and just fell in love with the truck and been working on it and making it better as much as i can.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the Yukon wasn't mine until more recently, but its been around for some time. My dad bought it brand new in 1997. I remember being a kid and thinking his truck was really awesome (Phase One of my love for this truck). He had upgraded from a Black 1990 Civic with no AC (and hot California summers... damn...). Plus he's 6' 5" so the Civic was a hassle for him to drive comfortably. So he came to pick me up one day and I was expecting to see his Civic. But I see this awesome blue Yukon and I hear obnoxious honking coming from said Yukon. It took a while to realize it was my dad and all I could think was "holy shit...". Anyways, I truly fell in love with this truck when I was 15 and learning how to drive (Phase two). Eventually he had me drive him around all the time in the Yukon. I got my license in it too. After I got my license he'd let me borrow it on some occasions. I told myself "Someday, I will own this truck" Fast forward to 2010. My dad finally bought a new car after 13 years. So I was able to acquire it from him and now that it's truly my vehicle, my love for the vehicle was only further strengthened (Phase Three).

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember ... used car lot ere in town, I went from a K5 Blazer to a Tahoe. We wanted 96+, average miles, didn't care about the options. We were shown a 95 with leather and everything except 4wd, was even told it was 100% stock. One look at the exhaust tip, a quick look under the hood and listening to the grumble when it started I knew the guy didn't know what the F he was talking about. We took it out for a test drive, had 0 gas, I put in $15, drove it around the block a few times. Felt great, went back and signed over our income tax check for it. :D My poor Blazer has been sitting since. :(

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Almost every dollar I've made since I bought it has gone into gas, repairs and mods for it, but it's all worth it if ya ask me!

Typical Chevy!!

ARTEMIS1759

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Their is nothing better then a very few choice things in life. The first day you get your license. The first date with any girl. And for us gearheads the first day you buy any vehicle you have had your heart set on or saw and it caught your eye.

I have always loved K5s (still looking for an early 80s, had an 81) and I always troll the used car lots and every now and then after noticing they took vehicles on pawn, the pawn shops. Always trolling he back lots. Well, me and my son drove by Jay's Pawn shop in Mandan, ND and I saw my 94 Yukon setting in the back. Checked it out. Not bad. Very little rust, AR rims and 31s. CAI, True dual exhaust with no mufflers (sounds bad ass). Also a towing kit, clear tails and clear markers. Interior looked good and I hate it but has mirrored front side tint. Well, I just watched out for it knowing it was in pawn and a few months later it was put on the front lot for 2500 bottom line price. I test drove it for like 3 hours (including a little wheeling :) ). It had 240000 on the OD but ran great. Well, at the time I did not have enough money. When I got Income tax in February I threw down 500. I went on flood ops on March 27th with the ND National Guard and My Beretta GTZ puked around the same time. My wife went down and they gave it to her for 1800 since I was mil and helping with the floods. Had to wait another month to drive it when she came up to meet me at one of 4 cities I was helping with. Then the next time I was off for the weekend and the radiator started to leak around the upper neck so that was my weekend project that weekend. Have not had any problems since and love it. Now I have been in Kosovo for 6 months and got to drive it on my two week leave. Can't wait to go home to my wife, kids and the Yukon. Oh and when I was activated we were sent to Cam Atterbury, Ind. And my wife drove down for a weekend pass and got 18 mpg the whole way at 70 mph. When I get back I need to replace a leaf spring and then we are moving to Tennessee so I can go back to school to build hotrods and kustom bikes.

Attachments

• 1994GMCYukon.jpg
    1994GMCYukon.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 11

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Artemis, nice find on the Yukon! It looks great and sounds like it could be a great project. I appreciate your service for our Country!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weeda3068