remember your first day with her....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually wanted a 2d, 2wd Tahoe or a 1/2, 2wd crew cab same body style but I got sick of looking for a nice one that had not been painted on or was an ugly color. I happened to be driving home in one of the company trucks and saw this sitting on the lot where I bought my Cadillac. Turned around and pulled in. I said to myself I thought I saw 5 lugs... had a lifted Z-71 that got totalled and wanted to go low this time. It had a 3" body lift and 33" tires when I test drove it. Went back and signed the papers and took back off to the shop and already had a set of 20" Helos to go on it(looked donked out w/lift). The next day I took it to my buddys tint shop and pulled the lift kit off which they cut off the rear frame rail and welded up 3" to match the body. So I had to take it back to my shop all tore apart and finish welding the frame rail back on. Day after that the molding came off! Then just kept throwing $$$ at it and to this day I love it! 158,000 miles with rebuilt tranny and motor!

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my story. It was 2000, I was 24 and had been driving my '85 F150 Supercab since I was in High School. Anyways, I landed a good job and it was time to get a new vehicle. I always had a thing for 2 dr SUV types since I was a kid. My uncle had a 71 K5 that was so much fun to ride around in and a cousin of mine had a late 80s K5 that was pretty cool as well. So being that the Bronco still had a removable top, I was looking for one of those. I saw a couple of them when my dad found a 2dr 4x4 Tahoe with low miles (37k) that was owned by an older woman at the time. We went out to the country to see it, I drove it, fell in love with it and had it by the end of the next week. They were asking $20k for it, I bought it for $18.5. When I drove it away from the bank, it was just an amazing feeling. Here's this really nice Tahoe, all these new lights on the dash, the performance, the 4x4 and it was all mine. It had 245s on it so the first thing I did was put a lift on it and some 285s. Then the K&N filter and light bar and lights and it was pretty much stock till just recently when I did the muffler and BB tune. E-fan, shocks and LTs are next.

Oh and about 4 years ago I found and bought my first love....a 72 K5 Blazer and am restoring it now....when time and $ permit.

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember the day I picked up my Tahoe ( still fresh was last Oct). Was searching all summer for a Escalade or Denali with no luck. Every 1 I saw was a milage ***** or been painted and everybody wanted crazy money for them still. I was ready to give up than my sister told me her friend was selling her Tahoe because she wanted something smaller. When I finally went to see the truck I was a little dissapointed(was told it was a 2000 Tahoe, so I thought NBS but it was OBS) but I checked it out regardless. This lady owned it from new, no accidents, fully loaded and had 67,000 miles on her I think( Canadian Hoe 108,000KM's). She wanted $6500 for it but after a little haggling got her for $5300 :) and I loved my Hoe ever since.

Is it 2012 yet?
Reaction score
Special ordered through dealer waited sox long weeks. Had 10 miles on her and she got centerlines and audio system! Remember signing the loan my dad behind me and the salesman asking what performance parts I was going to do!!! Dad flipped out but in the end I won!!! Drove her to my graduation still had paper plates turned heads then and now. First drag strip was a month later ran a sloooow 15.28 it's been a money pit since always wanting faster!

Last edited:

HotCarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my first day doesn't really count because my hoe has been in my family since she rolled of the dealership lot. I drove her here and there in high school when my '94 Caprice was down, but I remember in June 2008 the hoe became mine for keeps. I really was looking forward to having a 4x4 and something that I could pack all my shit in. Last winter I got her stuck in a snow bank after having a few too many and the front air damn got pretty beat up along with the front plate bracket so I took off the air dam. She has been a great rig and I want to mod her badly but don't have the funds right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee