Remote Start Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blreed42778

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I need a security bypass for a remote starter for a 1999 Yukon? I have had some places that I have called for a quote tell me that I do, and some have said that I dont. It makes about an $80 difference in the price.

Thanks

juniorwatson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just had a remote system installed in my '98 Tahoe. I had the installer remove the OEM security kit, and just stuck with the keyless entry & remote start.

tedward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
juniorwatson, what brand did you use for the remote start?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALL GM fullsize trucks and SUVs came with the Passlock II anti-theft system beginning in 1998. 97 and older you don't need a bypass module. And $80 is a frikkin ripoff. Those modules go for like $30 -$50 retail. And if they charge more labor to install it, they are reaming you. I used to install alarms for a living. Its not really much extra work to install a bypass, just a few more wires to splice in while doing the install.

OP
OP
blreed42778

blreed42778

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the remote start installed yesterday. Have to take it back to the guy tomorrow. The dang security light keeps coming on. Weird thing is, it only comes on when I use cruise control. WTF?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100