Removing the exterior mirror caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tarantula18t

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe, and need to replace the top half of the mirror cap on one of the outside mirrors. Can anyone help me out in pulling the top part off, and replacing it. I am not sure if it's a matter of just giving it a tug or what. Thanks

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are (male) tabs on the underside of the caps that either hook or guide into (female) slots on the mirror side. It's pretty tough to remove the existing pieces without breaking a tab or two. Your best bet is to 1. have someone who's removed them before do it, or 2. get ahold of the replacement caps first to get an idea of where the tabs are. Then, using professional plastic wedge tools are probably the things to use, too.

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
i've found the best way is to drive down a narrow street with another tahoe/yukon/escalade comming at you in the other direction...

once the mirrors hit, they pop off nice and easy.

jmh8802

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I second that, just had that happen the other day, on tab broke off but the whole piece snapped right back on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968