RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rackin up the miles and eating up fuel with the Nali. He’s been running hard lately. Running well though despite 203k on the odometer. Worked from home yesterday detailing an antique bronco for my across the street neighbor. Had the hose and deionized water tanks setup. Truck was super dusty from a little off roading adventure Friday night trying to see the northern lights that were visible here. Gave the engine bay a good degrease and wash. Went to wash down the exterior and the little cowl piece at the hood hinge flew off. All the clips broken….. DOH:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_1210.jpeg
    IMG_1210.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1211.jpeg
    IMG_1211.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1214.jpeg
    IMG_1214.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1215.jpeg
    IMG_1215.jpeg
    406.7 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been dealing with a lot of people constantly wanting me to solve their problems. Super annoying. One of which is the 4300lb sea ray….. getting her up at the beginning of summer absolutely kicked my behind. It was a crap ton of labor and time getting her here and ready to hit the water. And then all summer long said family friend didn’t invite me out on the boat once for any wakeboarding trips. And then another friend in the group told me that I didn’t get any invites because I don’t like to get up early to go. Which is total BS….. so my attitude the last month or so in anticipation of the call coming in to haul the boat down for winter storage has been “you know what…. It’s your boat and if you don’t want me around so be it….handle transport on your own”

During the first week of the line fire, while I was down at the lake house, she messaged asking me to take the trailer to the marina so the bunks could get replaced before they trailered the boat to shrink wrap it. I just responded and said sorry out of town can’t help. That got me time but of course last week the boat was shrink wrapped and ready to go off the mountain. Unfortunately the beginning of last week saw a big flare up in the line fire and almost evacuation orders again. Two out of the three highways in and out of town were shut down and she of course was on me saying the boat needed to get down asap. I responded and said no because of the highway situation. And I had no desire to tow the boat down the one highway that goes from 7,000 feet elevation, to 4,000 feet elevation in less than 20 miles, with its gnarly grades and multiple sets of back to back tight switchback corners. I’ve towed my mom’s boat down that highway a couple times and I’m totally capable of doing it. In fact it doesn’t scare me at all but I just didn’t want to. That bought me another week but now that all the highways are open and the line fire is under control of course now the boat needs to get down the mountain ASAP because of cold night time temps. Ugh…… why is everyone else’s crisis my emergency to fix.

Anyways I told her today was my only free day. A Sunday….. I was hoping she’d say she busy and couldnt deal with it today but no such luck…… so of course cuz I’m a nice guy and do things even when I don’t want to and even when it puts me out……. I handled the tow to Orange County. And of course it couldn’t just be easy. Went to the marina and hooked up the boat to find out her trailer tie downs were not in place…… which means the knucklehead Marina guys didn’t grab her tie downs and tie the boat down when they trailered it…. The tie downs were on the drivers seat of the boat…. They shrink wrapped the tie downs into the boat…… insert palm to face emoji here…… I guess this is what you get for sending an amateur to do a professional’s job….. oh wait I’m not a professional hauler….. no I'm just meticulous with all the little details.

So I had to unhook, drive ALL THE WAY back across the valley to my house to fish my ratchet tie downs out of the garage, and then go ALL THE WAY back across town, hook up, and then head BACK ACROSS TOWN AGAIN to get to the east end of the valley to highway 38….

At any rate I’m still happy that when I’m called in to be the problem solver as always, and in this case the solution is my rig doing a tow job, I can rely on my Denali to get the job done.

I won’t lie, spending the money on correct replacement parts for the Z55 suspension and then the airlift bags I put in my rear coil springs, was worth every penny….. I love that the truck stays completely level no matter what I’m towing and there’s no back end squat whatsoever. Snapped these photos down at the base of the mountain when I stopped to check on the hitch, safety chains, and trailer tires before hitting the freeway. Not bad for an 18 year old shitbox with 203k on it lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpeg
    IMG_1229.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1231.jpeg
    IMG_1231.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled up inventories for a few LKQ yards on my route home to see what they had for GMT800s since I had a bit of time late afternoon before the yards closed. Stopped into the Rialto yard which is actually very nice. Well organized and the entire yard is asphalt which is nice as then it doesn’t get all muddy and gross after a rain storm. managed to snag the hood hinge cover piece off a 2006 XL Denali. Costed me a whole 8 bucks….. lol. Cleaned up perfectly and swapped it out.

Attachments

• IMG_1236.jpeg
    IMG_1236.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1237.jpeg
    IMG_1237.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1238.jpeg
    IMG_1238.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1239.jpeg
    IMG_1239.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1241.jpeg
    IMG_1241.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a 2001 Durango before the Denali and I discovered the pick a part junkyards back when had the dodge. Even now 9 1/2 years later of owning the Denali I still check out Durango’s in the yards. Came across this guy in the Rialto yard with Denali wheels on its back end. Thought that was interesting. Looked like the bolt pattern matched up.

Still miss my little Durango…… lol

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpeg
    IMG_1232.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1234.jpeg
    IMG_1234.jpeg
    475.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1233.jpeg
    IMG_1233.jpeg
    402.5 KB · Views: 3

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
had a 2001 Durango before the Denali and I discovered the pick a part junkyards back when had the dodge. Even now 9 1/2 years later of owning the Denali I still check out Durango’s in the yards. Came across this guy in the Rialto yard with Denali wheels on its back end. Thought that was interesting. Looked like the bolt pattern matched up.

Still miss my little Durango…… lol
I wish we had a sticky about which lug patterns would work on our rigs. With my 8 lug HD Express van, Dodge rims also worked with that that lug pattern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khaledR

Latest posts