Replace my front seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuckHunter

Reaction score
My 02 yukon front seats have some wear on them, the passenger front seat very little. The driver seat has a good rip in it aswell as the armrest is worn. Would it be easier just to buy a used set or have them repaired? I have heated seats aswell. Cant seem to find anyone close to where i stay that does repairs, closest one i found was about an hr and of course i have to drive there first just to get a estimant. Thought about seat covers but just doesnt seem right. Idk what do yall think? Thanks

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're correct, seat covers aren't right, lol. Price wise, I would have them repaired unless you could find a great deal from a wrecked vehicle but I still think repairing them would be cheaper, imo.

RBTech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the link, I plan on doing the same thing eventually.

jbb01

Reaction score
Be careful on some of those "leather" covers...they're vinyl. Better to go with Katzkin as you get what you par for with seat covers. Unless cheap vinyl that may tear, rip in 6 months is ok

rhinom67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would check with a smaller car dealer. They use guys that can repair the Leather or vinyl like leather by the panel. Usually around $150 a panel.

bmtxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just to clarify, the covers at http://www.theseatshop.com/ are exactly like the factory, leather in the seating area, vinyl on the sides. They (top and bottom and armrest) installed easily with the video help and look awesome. You'll want to clean the passenger seat to remove the shine as it clashes, but finally I get to open my door and not see a crappy armrest cover or jacked seat. If I were to do it again, I would order the new foam and maybe even the seat belt. and no, I don't work for those guys...

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my lower cushion is shot so is the leather and armrest on the drivers side. so thats all i need replacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313