Replacement Rear Media Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txzach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife cracked one of the rear media screens with the kiddos car seat. Anyone have an idea on what this is going to set me back ‍♂️. Or if we can even get the part. 2022 Tahoe Z71

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This feels like another fool me twice thread. Nobody here is happy with them so I'm sure nobody has looked into getting another one

mew3685

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My son broke ours with a toy last year. I got the screen off, and googled the part # in an attempt to find it cheaper through dealers online. Every time I ordered one online for about $650, the dealers would cancel the order and say the part had to be ordered in person through a dealership and that even though most online sales sites have a generic parts availability, the screens are not something they have. Went to the dealer, it’s going to be about $1059 for one screen. Good luck!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is for the 2021+ models, but on my 2013, just replacing the screen didn’t work. Dealer had to sync it to the head unit and make sure the firmware in both are a match.

mew3685

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Further investigation is the part is labeled something like “Theft/Safety/Fraud” or something like that and is only orderable through a dealership, AND, I’ve yet to find one who will ship; have to bring you car in. I say this because a dealership in AL said they could do $751 (got their name from a lady who had the same problem but lives close to them.). I called every dealership in/around the several state area that I live. All said they same; essentially $910 ish or so plus tax, making it about $1030 total and they have to do the install?

itsmike2k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have the part number for the 1000.00 screen? My dealer told me 6k for one replacement screen that got broke on a child carseat when reclining. I'm in Nevada not that it should matter, 1k sounds reasonable but 6k is highway robbery when the whole add cost around 2k.. IM having trouble finding the part number online.. wonder if a glass replacement is a option like on Iphones?? the screen still works just the touch part isn't because i think its putting pressure where cracked.. I can mirror hulu from the other screen still.. Thanks for the info guys!!!

Sprainbrain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My son broke ours with a toy last year. I got the screen off, and googled the part # in an attempt to find it cheaper through dealers online. Every time I ordered one online for about $650, the dealers would cancel the order and say the part had to be ordered in person through a dealership and that even though most online sales sites have a generic parts availability, the screens are not something they have. Went to the dealer, it’s going to be about $1059 for one screen. Good luck!
How did you remove the screen?

Bison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good evening everyone. New guy here. We just bought a 2022 Z71 Suburban and I cracked the rear screen with the baby seat while reclining, I know this a GMC site but I could not find anuy other info on replacing this. Has anyone had any luck or has solid data on the price from the dealership? I feel horrible as it's my wife new car, please help.

22_AT4_XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you're interested in removing or replacing the screen. This video shows a tutorial:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patricktooth