Replacing camshaft position sensor 07 denali? P0340

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosko

Reaction score
Hi all, for the past few weeks my 07 Yukon denali has been hard to start sometimes, it eventually starts after 10s or so but it finally threw the code P0340, which says it's the camshaft position sensor.

I purchased a new one and found it on the front of the engine, the problem is there's 3 10mm bolts, but one is directly behind the crankshaft pully/wheel. Curious if anyone here replaces these without pulling that off? I'd rather do it myself but don't have the means to get the crankshaft wheel off.

any help is appreciated.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried it and it was a PITA. Took it to a local shop they charged me a hour labor. They had to take the Pully off and belt to get to those bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Rosko

Reaction score
For anyone else that reads this... so far replacing the camshaft position sensor fixed mine, and a nice side effect was that it completely smoothed out my idle problems. It was idling rough...now it idles as expected, no pushing/no feeling like it's misfiring.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance this cam sensor could be going bad but not throwing any codes? My car has a bad stumble at take off

Reaction score
I changed out my cam sensor about a year ago and even after that I still get the code thrown every once in a while. It shows up mostly when I'm driving at a low speed like in traffic and it will go off after about 5-10 miles of regular driving... Other than the stabilitrack warnings etc I have no performance, staring or rough idle issues just the code on and off? any idea why this keeps happening? I have the 6.2l Denali

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968