Replacing my knock sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with @OR VietVet here. The cat was damaged most likely because of the continued operation with a misfire.

I think it would have good to know this in the introduction, but at least you still told us.

I believe the website charm.li will have a step-by-step procedure for diagnosing the misfire. It's good you know which cylinder is misfiring. Often times a lot of scanners will just give you a code for a misfire but not cylinder-specific.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I would check continuity of the short harness that goes between the engine harness and the coils, the one that is attached to the coil bracket. They have been known to have issues.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

Reaction score
What was the compression on all 8 cylinders? You know you have clogged catalytic converters and have not fixed and you are trying to work around that?
I can't recall a fan I know I wrote it down but I'm pretty sure I lost the paper. I did that maybe two to three months back.
Yeah I know but my problem also is do I drop a lot more money to have those replaced And then if the problem is still there I'm out that money still with the same problem.
I was thinking about temporarily hollowing out the cats doing that trick with the O2 sensors using the defoulers until I can actually get the money I'm to swap the mail this way I can see if the clogged cats are what's causing the issue and how dropping a lot of money.

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

Reaction score
Has a CASE relearn been done? Easy 1 min process with a capable scanner. Sometimes that can eliminate misfires.
Not with a scanner I did that method where you connect the two terminals and let it drain, I thought when I saw that that was a way of draining the system memory to relearn everything

OP
OP
Duke Silver

Duke Silver

Reaction score
Agree with @OR VietVet here. The cat was damaged most likely because of the continued operation with a misfire.

I think it would have good to know this in the introduction, but at least you still told us.

I believe the website charm.li will have a step-by-step procedure for diagnosing the misfire. It's good you know which cylinder is misfiring. Often times a lot of scanners will just give you a code for a misfire but not cylinder-specific.
Yeah sorry about that, I only recently discovered that the cat or cats were clogged due to that rattling noise coming from underneath. It wasn't doing it prior to maybe 3 to 4 weeks ago, not really keeping a timeline so it's a little fuzzy.

Unfortunately I don't have the expensive scanner tool that does that but I know somebody that does that's how I found out that it was on the third cylinder mainly and slightly on the first cylinder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Easyrider

Latest posts